Re: [patriotzip] Mrs. B's TC Report 8/1/05

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
      --- Karen Cardoza <PatsFan54@...> wrote:

      > c.. Big POP and Surprise of the day: During my
      > favorite drill, a running back faces off against a
      > linebacker and they go at it 1:1 to drive the
      > other player to the ground (or elude the opponent),
      > Matt Chatham totally LEVELED Dillon! The crowd went
      > wild. Against other opponents 58 was very elusive
      > and avoiding being overtaken.
      >
      > d..
      >
      > e.. Izzo can really lay on the hit... as evidenced
      > in the above drill.

      ***** Anyone remember a couple of guys named Bruschi
      and Vrabel, who both made their stripes on STs? Seems
      to me that Chatham and Izzo, while neither is in the
      class of the aforementioned two, have also come a long
      way in learning how to play BB's D in a scrimmage
      situation.

      ***** Clearly they are both outstanding tacklers, as
      were Tedy and Vrabel. That's what gets them a spot ont
      STs. But it takes time for some to develop the
      instincts and ability to shed tackles in crowds that
      is required to play LB. Both of these guys surprised
      some here, me among them, with the quality of their
      play at LB when called upon to do so over the last two
      seasons. I think some of you may be giving them the
      short end of the stick with respect to there abilities
      there today.

      > g.. Fauria had one outstanding catch today during
      > the hurry up from Cassel under tight coverage then
      > on the very next play totally blew it in the EZ with
      > the ball bouncing off the numbers to end the drive.
      > He also missed quite a few balls today that he
      > should have caught. I'm sure that there's no room
      > for him this year with performances like that.

      ***** I don't know about that, Karen. Old "Fall Down"
      has made a lot of very important catches for us when
      the chips were down. BB does not forget that kind of
      clutch performance. Fauria is definitely hurt by his
      lack of STs work and his salary when competing with
      Weaver. That's going to be a tough cut for the #3 TE
      position. Personally, I like both guys, and will hate
      to see either go. But one of them must. I believe
      Weaver will be the one to leave.

      ***** Uh huh.

      > k.. Cassel looked like the #2 guy out there
      > today... Flutie just didn't have it IMO and his
      > timing seemed off.

      ***** I am strongly in Cassel's corner. Have been from
      the second we drafted him. I'd much rather we keep
      him, and trade Davey for a sack of feed.

      ***** Adam who? ;-)

      > o.. Watson and Givens were consistent today and
      > Jason Alexander also hauled in a couple of nice
      > passes near the back of the EZ during drills.

      ***** I will likely "reach" for Watson in at least one
      of my 3 Fantasy leagues. I know that our offense will
      spread the ball around, limiting his opportunities vs.
      the top NFL TE's. But I think he's going to be "the
      man" in the Red Zone before this season is over. You
      heard it here first!

      George
      "Win One For The Bruschi!"
      R.I.P. Ostend
      http://www.patriotzip.com/ostend.html
    • chris dressler
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2005
        Like I said... keep your eye on that rookie kicker!  I watched him play 3 of his 4 years at PSU and he is a great kicker.

        Karen Cardoza <PatsFan54@...> wrote:

        08/01/05PM

            Just got back from a beautiful sunny afternoon practice.  The crowd was decent but not mobbed.  Guys were in full pads and I grabbed my usual spot on the hill.  As soon as I arrived, Mike Reiss came out of the tent to say hello to me and to once again congratulate me on the reports and podcast.  He even went so far as to tell me that I was the pioneer of the training camp report format that the bloggers are following now.  I told him how impressed everyone is with him as well and thanked him for a great job.  He's a talented guy and a nice one at that!

        • Dwight was dressed and practicing but Willie was back in shorts along with the rest of the regular "bubble boys".    Add Marquise Hill to the list of those not dressed too.

[...]

        • DBs signed today.

            Check out the podcast for play by play and more commentary as well as fluff stuff.  It should be up later tonight along with the pictures that I've been promising but haven't delivered all week.  Tomorrow is the season ticket holders practice in the stadium at night with a regular practice in the morning.

        http://mail.yahoo.com