Re: [patriotzip] Scott Pioli signs contract extension with Patriots

  • Ed Bryant
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 15, 2005
      It's a good thing someone knocked down Robert Kraft (or someone)'s attempt to put chains on people in Pioli's position.  Once that nonsense was out of the way, there was a mutual interest in straight dealing.  Pioli turned down a lot of money elsewhere by staying here, and I hope they gave him some.  In a different year, Pac Man Jones might have already cashed his bonus checks.  In previous years, Ricky Campbell and Sean Taylor have already cashed such checks.  Pioli and Belichick don't seem to draft the Pac Mans and the Chris Cantys, both of which types hurt your chances of winning on the field.  Who knows: P/B may have earned their pay for 2008 with the selection of Matt Cassel in the 2005 draft!  I'm glad we get to keep him!.

      George <patswingr@...> wrote:
      ***** Now there's some good news to get us into camp on an "up" note!

      George

      Christopher Suh <csuh@...> wrote:

      Herald reports:

      In a key move that keeps the management core of the two-time defending
      champion New England Patriots intact for the forseeable future, VP of
      Player Personnel Scott Pioli has signed a contract extension to remain
      with the club.

      http://bostonherald.com/blogs/reissPieces

      New england patriotsNew england patriot football teamNew england patriot football
      New england patriot football ticketNew england patriot memorabiliaNew england patriots tickets