Re: Why Can't We Get Players Like This?

  • Frank Northcutt
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2005
      And I'm sure T.O. would have been more than happy to play DB, if they
      had asked him to. He's just that kind of a team player.

      fdb

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, George <patswingr@y...> wrote:
      > ***** Here's the latest from T.)., a.k.a., "Mr Team" -
      >
      > Shannon Ryan, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports Philadelphia
      Eagles WR Terrell Owens said he is firm with his position on his
      contract. He was interviewed from his home in Atlanta by Comcast
      Sports Net. He would not say if he would be at training camp, or if he
      would be rejoining the Eagles at all. "Like I always said, if I'm one
      of the top players in the game, pay me like I'm one of the top players
      in the game," Owens said. "That's not being selfish. That's not being
      greedy. Right is right and wrong is wrong." On Thursday, June 2, agent
      Drew Rosenhaus declined to say whether Owens would be on hand for the
      start of training camp. The Eagles have not budged on their stance,
      refusing to pay Owens more. The 2004 season almost sounded like an
      afterthought to Owens. "I don't have to play football," he said in the
      television interview. "I don't have to play for the Eagles. It doesn't
      matter what any of my teammates have said about me. That doesn't
      matter to me."