Why Can't We Get Players Like This?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2005
      ***** Here's the latest from T.)., a.k.a., "Mr Team" -

      Shannon Ryan, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports Philadelphia Eagles WR Terrell Owens said he is firm with his position on his contract. He was interviewed from his home in Atlanta by Comcast Sports Net. He would not say if he would be at training camp, or if he would be rejoining the Eagles at all. "Like I always said, if I'm one of the top players in the game, pay me like I'm one of the top players in the game," Owens said. "That's not being selfish. That's not being greedy. Right is right and wrong is wrong." On Thursday, June 2, agent Drew Rosenhaus declined to say whether Owens would be on hand for the start of training camp. The Eagles have not budged on their stance, refusing to pay Owens more. The 2004 season almost sounded like an afterthought to Owens. "I don't have to play football," he said in the television interview. "I don't have to play for the Eagles. It doesn't matter what any of my teammates have said about me. That doesn't matter to me."

      ***** Just lovely. Reminds you a lot of Deion Branch, doesn't he?

      George
       R.I.P. Ostend
    • Frank Northcutt
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 8, 2005
        And I'm sure T.O. would have been more than happy to play DB, if they
        had asked him to. He's just that kind of a team player.

        fdb