Competition at RB from Cecil's League

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2005

      ***** That would, of course, be the NFLE, right Cecil?

      ***** Seriously, while we all know that success across the small pond is no guarantee of anything in the NFL, a guy who excels there does, at least, prove that he's got the heart to work hard. Best of the bunch for us was RB Kory Chapman. All he did was haul 126 carries for 718 yards (5.7 avg.) and five touchdowns to finish second in the league in rushing. He also caught a total of 15 passes for 154 yards (10.3 avg.) while averaging 21.0 yards on 11 kickoffs. Nice spring, Kory.

      ***** Other Pats allocations who played well "over there" for the season were LB Grant Steen and WR Cedric James. Steen led the Galaxy with 62 tackles to go along with one pass defensed, one interception and three special teams stops. Steen also handled the long and short snapping duties for the Galaxy. James ended the year ranked among the most productive pass catchers in NFLEL. James finished the spring season with 29 receptions for 515 yards (17.8 avg.) with five touchdowns. He ranked fourth in the league in receiving yards, tied for fifth in touchdowns and tied for 10th in catches.

      ***** All 3 of these guys will have a very tough time cracking the 53-man roster on this team. But they may all have a good shot at the PS, if eligible. I'm not sure James has eligibility. He's been around the league for a while.

      George
       R.I.P. Ostend