Re: Back to football, thank goodness

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2005
      ***** Unbelievable! How many high quality vets is this team going to sign? I really thought we were done with the D. Now here comes another All Pro caliber FA!

      George

      Ian Walker <iwalker@...> wrote:
      Make that 92.

      Ian

      FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Patriots signed unrestricted free
      agent safety Antuan Edwards today. Terms of the agreement were not
      disclosed.

      Edwards, 28, is entering his seventh NFL season and is a veteran of 68
      NFL games with 31 starts. The 6-foot-1-inch, 210-pounder was originally
      drafted by the Green Bay Packers in the first round (25th overall) of
      the 1999 NFL Draft. He spent the first five seasons of his career with
      Green Bay before signing with the Miami Dolphins as an unrestricted free
      agent prior to the 2004 season.

      In 2004, the Clemson product set multiple career highs, recording
      personal bests with 13 starts, 65 tackles and 10 passes defensed while
      splitting time with the Dolphins and the St. Louis Rams. Edwards has
      started at strong safety and at free safety in his career.