Re: [patriotzip] "...Tom Brady gets it."

  • George R
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2005
      ***** And let me add that Peter King also "gets it" from a commentator and fan point of view. I noted that I heard comments on Saturday from Ben Mauer on ESPN Radio (and a couple of callers) that proved that he definitely doesn't "get it". People who are relating what Brady gets paid to what other QBs are paid, and fail to correlate that with the quality of the rest of the players on the team in this era of the Salary Cap, simply do not get it.

      ***** Teams, not individuals, win championships in the NFL. Teams need a couple of outstanding players, and a whole slew of, as King called them, "middle class" players. That's what the Pats have. That's why the Pats win. Teams like the Colts, with a couple of "haves" and the rest of the team made up of "have nots", can't produce the overall quality of play, on both sides of the ball, that it takes to win championships.

      George

      Frank Northcutt <frank.dana@...> wrote:
      As if we didn't know that. Excellent MMQB from Perter King this week.

      http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/05/08/mmqb.brady/index.html

      Discover Yahoo!
      Use Yahoo! to plan a weekend, have fun online & more. Check it out!