Re: [patriotzip] Brady signs 6 year extension according to ESPN sources

  • George R
    Message 1 of 5 , May 7, 2005
      ***** Indeed it is, Chris! I was out of the house all day today, and heard it on the radio. A couple of hours later, I heard some discussion on it on ESPN Radio. Ben Mauer, and a few equally dense callers, were moaning about what a mistake Brady was making by not "going after what he earned" as the QB who had won 3 Super Bowls.

      ***** There are some people out there who will simply never get it. As cliche as the "football is a team game" axiom is, they simply don't get it. Tom Brady would not be winning Super Bowls if he didn't have a supporting cast of many very good players. It is true, as some of these "take care of #1" proponents claim, that the Patriots don't have a lot of "great" players. But they have a hell of a lot more "very good" players than do the teams with the cap eating superstar QBs. Why is that so hard for these "Show me the money" idiots to understand?

      ***** Some of these people also like to add in the shot that "the Patriots are cheap." Again, they prove their ignorance. If the Patriots use up all, or damn near all of the Salary Cap, which they do, they are not "cheap". They are simply spreading the money more effectively, and paying more players "good" money, and fewer players "top dollar".

      ***** I am honestly bewildered by the fact that there are so many people so blinded by the dollar signs involved that they apparently cannot see the forest at all for those big green trees!

      ***** In any case, I'm extremely happy that Brady has full view of the forest, and will, therefore, be king of it for many years to come. He may very well run out of fingers for his rings before Peyton Manning and Chad Pennington ever see anything more than a photo of one!

      George

      Christopher Robert Woods <chris@...> wrote:

      This is great news.

      http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2054072

      Discover Yahoo!

    • Frank Northcutt
      Message 2 of 5 , May 8, 2005
        --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, George R <patsfangr@y...> wrote:

        << ***** In any case, I'm extremely happy that Brady has full view of
        the forest, and will, therefore, be king of it for many years to come.
        He may very well run out of fingers for his rings before Peyton
        Manning and Chad Pennington ever see anything more than a photo of one! >>

        Not to mention, Mr. Vick.