Re: Is the list down?

  • George R
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2005
      ***** I still don't believe that Cassel will go to the PS, because I think it's a virtual certainty that somebody will scoop him from there at some point during season. Don't disregard the fact that, as Bama noted, he was the backup to 2 Heismann winners at USC, and damn near beat out Leinart for the starting job. He is an intelligent, athletically gifted, well coached kid, with very real potential. I suspect that there are several teams out there who realize that, and who's #3 QB is nowhere near as good as Cassel.

      George

      "Jacob W. Michaels" <wicked@...> wrote:
      At 11:03 AM 5/4/05, you wrote:
      >I have read the Flutie stuff with minor amusement. I see no upgrade here
      >at the back up QB position. At best it's a wash. If Flutie ultimately
      >ends up on the coaching staff then this will go down as another great
      >move. If not then it's no BFD. Just another washed up QB that I hope
      >never makes the field. Besides, the Teffy move after Bledsoe taught us
      >that the experienced Vet who is listed as the back up QB may not be the
      >guy they go with in a clinch anyway.

      Yeah, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Flutie doesn't make the team,
      though it'll all depend on camp. I think Belichick feels more comfortable
      with a vet backup, but if he can't fill the role fairly, he won't be
      around. Rosterwise, I don't know how much sense it makes to keep a QB who
      will be gone in a year *if* Davey and Redman show some promise. Cassell can
      probably be stuck on the practice squad if it's deemed necessary (or IR).

      Jacob

      ---

      "This is going to get pretty interesting."
      "Define interesting."
      "Oh, God, Oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
      -- Serenity the movie, coming out in September

      Discover Yahoo!