Tedy's interview with a NA student

  • Karen Cardoza
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2005
      The interview appeared in the newsletter of the NA Public Schools, TRUE NORTH
      NORTH’S #1 PATRIOT
      TEDY BRUSCHI

      Michael Cavallaro, a fifth grade student at the Martin School, recently had the opportunity of a lifetime when he was granted an interview with New England Patriots player, Tedy Bruschi. Mr. Bruschi, an 2004-2005 All-Pro middle linebacker and North Attleboro resident, graciously gave of his time to thank the community for their well wishes and answer some thoughtful questions of an eleven year old.

      M.C.: What’s your favorite memory as a child growing up in San Francisco, CA?

      BRUSCHI: The city life, the ease of getting around on the bus and traveling around as a city kid. I just liked experiencing the city and hanging out with my buddies for the time that I was there until I moved at fourteen. I really enjoyed fishing at Pier 39 and crabbing with my brother. We really liked to do that.

      M.C.: I noticed that you have a unique middle name, Lacap. Does it have any special meaning?

      BRUSCHI: It happens to be my mother’s maiden name. Her name was Juanita Lacap before she married my dad. My sister, my brother and I all have the same middle name. It’s sort of a way of showing respect to your mother’s family. That way the Lacap name can live on.

      M .C.: What’s your favorite pre-game meal?

      BRUSCHI: A little filet mignon, a baked potato, broccoli and a glass of water. That’s pretty much my pre-game meal. A lot of times we eat at the hotel, but I don’t like to get really stuffed before a game. Sometimes I’ll add a little pasta, but a home my wife Heidi makes our family meal of steak with potato or rice and broccoli. It’s always broccoli, I don’t know why? It’s good .

      M.C.: How do you get fired up before a game?

      BRUSCHI: Some people listen to music, some people sort of bang around, I just sit in front my locker. In my locker are pictures of my kids and my family and I sort of look at them and draw my inspiration from them and I think about what I have to do. Then I say to myself, “ O.K., Daddy has to go to work and then I go take care of business.”

      M .C.: Have you considered any other careers after football?

      BRUSCHI: I am going to want to stay in football because that’s what I have been involved with my entire life. I do football better than anything else that I would probably do, whether it’s coaching or going into the media. Having graduated from the University of Arizona with a degree in communications, maybe I will do some type of football commentating. I would really like to stay with an organization that I can experience football.

      M.C.: What do you hope your children learn from you and your wife?

      BRUSCHI: In general, that the most important thing in life is your family. That no matter, thick and thin, you can draw strength from them and no matter what they do their parents are going to be behind them. We hope we do a good job raising them to the point that when they do go out on their own, they can draw from the love we’ve given them and realize that we will always be there for them.

      M .C.: I know you’re moving. Why did you choose to build in NA again? Is there something about this community?

      BRUSCHI: North Attleboro’s my town. It’s just my town. I’ve been here since 1996 and I’m a guy that doesn’t like change too much. If it’s somewhere I like and somewhere I feel comfortable, why move somewhere else. You can sometimes think there’s somewhere better but I am very happy where I am. The community is very friendly and nice!! With my recent experience with my health and the wonderful marquis at Martin School that said “We love you 54.” It made me feel so good. I see it when I’m coming home. Why would I want to leave a town like this? It’s just been great to my family and me.

      M.C.: How are you feeling today? How did you explain what happened to you to your children?

      BRUSCHI: I’m feeling really good today, thanks for asking. I’m getting better. As far as how I explained it to my children...T.J., my 4 year old, asked what happened and I explained to him the best I could that Daddy got an “owwie” in his head. That’s the best I could do to explain it to him right now.

      Mr. Bruschi was quick to add that first and foremost he thanks everyone for the well wishes and all the support during this time of recovery. He has found the amount of concern by the citizens of North Attleboro to be incredible and it has truly helped boost his spirits. Mr. Bruschi ‘s passion for the game, his family and the community is a true testament to the man that sat down to talk with me!! Thank you, Mr. Bruschi.
      Just can't get enough Bruschi?
      Visit www.patriotworld.com and
      check out TotallyTedy!
    • George R
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2005
        ***** Thanks, Karen! Damn good job by the kid that interviewed him. Some excellent questions in there. But I have to disagree with Tedy's comment that he wouldn't be good at anything but football. I'm sure that his intelligence and drive would make him a success in damn near anything he chose to do.

        George

        http://mail.yahoo.com