Re: Tidbit from the Patriots Lockerroom

  • George R
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2005
      ***** Troy is one of my favorite Patriots of all time. That said, all NFL players reach an end to their careers, just as all of us do. Troy is a 32 year-old, 12 year vet. If this is not the end for him, it's damn close to it. However, the Patriots current WR corps is NOT that deep. We have Deion Branch and David Givens as our 2 excellent starters. But behind them are the inconsistent Bethel Johnson, the "bust" (to date) David Terrell, steady, but unspectacular Tim Dwight, unproven 2004 draft pick P.K. Sam, and 2 NFLE allocations, Ricky Bryant and Cedric James. So, while Troy is certainly near the end of his career, it seems to me that he is definitely a stroner proven value in our offense than the last 3 WRs I named. I think we still have a place for Troy Brown on this team. I want him back!

      George

      PatsSteve1@... wrote:
      * I'd be real surprised if Phifer's back. I got my 3GTG-3 the other day, went to put it in my $38 DD player and it crapped out on me. Today I went t o buy a DVD/DR and just missed David Terrell getting interviewed on ESPN radio bu Pipsqueak Clayton and Shawn Sloshbury. They both said, not that it means much, they expect DT's career to take off both because of his thing with PT and it being the Pats. They also went on to talk about Troy Brown and how much they feel the Pats should resign him. That withthe departure of some ofthe team leaders and thier OC/DC he'd be important in that way plus help keep DT in line. They also felt that where Troy, by being a team player and agreeing to play on D, gave up a shot at about 700K in incentives last year. Does anyone know what those incentives were? I'm curious if they were likely reachable anyway. I'd like to see him finish his career here, but you look at the depth chart and wonder who wouldn't then make it. Was/Is !
      BB just trying to keep him on a string in case of injury? If Troy really has contacted the Pats to shit or get off the potty, IMO, they should do just that and not leave him hanging any longer.

      Steve - let him go

      -------------- Original message from Mark Morse : --------------

      http://mail.yahoo.com