UnDrafted Free Agents

  • Mark Morse
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 25 3:17 PM
      The Patriots are well on their way to getting some
      interesting talent here for this weekends Rookie Camp.
      The following players have been invited. Not all will
      be signed to a contract (Thursday). Some are on a
      tryout basis.

      Kyle Eckel FB Navy
      Mike Lorenz OT Wisconsin
      Earl Charles RB Marshall
      Mike Wright DT Cinncinati
      Matt Phillips FB Edinboro
      Robbie Gould K Penn State
      Ryan Krug OT UConn

      More to come

      "We never lose the hat and shirt games. If we know we're going to get
      hats and shirts, we win." - Tedy Bruschi

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Mark Morse
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 25 3:28 PM
        Update:

        There is some confusion about Wisconsin OL Mike
        Lorenz. One source is aying he has signed with Green
        Bay.

        I also omitted Ray Ventrone S Villanova (big
        reputation as a hitter) and Decori Birmingham KR/WR/RB
        Arkansas.

        --- Mark Morse <packy001@...> wrote:
        > The Patriots are well on their way to getting some
        > interesting talent here for this weekends Rookie
        > Camp.
        > The following players have been invited. Not all
        > will
        > be signed to a contract (Thursday). Some are on a
        > tryout basis.
        >
        > Kyle Eckel FB Navy
        > Mike Lorenz OT Wisconsin
        > Earl Charles RB Marshall
        > Mike Wright DT Cinncinati
        > Matt Phillips FB Edinboro
        > Robbie Gould K Penn State
        > Ryan Krug OT UConn
        >
        > More to come
        >

        > "We never lose the hat and shirt games. If we know
        > we're going to get
        > hats and shirts, we win." - Tedy Bruschi

        > protection around
        > http://mail.yahoo.com

        "We never lose the hat and shirt games. If we know we're going to get
        hats and shirts, we win." - Tedy Bruschi

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • chris dressler

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 25 7:09 PM
            Eckels is the interesting choice. He could actually
            be nore of a one back rather than FB. He has an out
            from his Military committment where the Navy will
            allow him to play if he makes the NFL roster. He
            would agree to change his committment from 4 years
            active duty to 2 years active and 6 years reserve.

            The Navy would get exposure and press everytime his
            name is mentioned. Eckels will always be associated
            with Navy.

            OBTW he can run too averaging over 6 yds a carry.
            They played an option offense and Eckels was the key.
            I actually though they would take him with the last
            pick.

            --- chris dressler <dres74@...> wrote:
            > out of all those people only one seems to ring a
            > bell to me. Being from PSU, Robbie Gould is an
            > outstanding kicker... but would I really want to see
            > him replace Adam? Probably not.
            >
            > Mark Morse <packy001@...> wrote:The Patriots
            > are well on their way to getting some
            > interesting talent here for this weekends Rookie
            > Camp.
            > The following players have been invited. Not all
            > will
            > be signed to a contract (Thursday). Some are on a
            > tryout basis.
            >
            > Kyle Eckel FB Navy
            > Mike Lorenz OT Wisconsin
            > Earl Charles RB Marshall
            > Mike Wright DT Cinncinati
            > Matt Phillips FB Edinboro
            > Robbie Gould K Penn State
            > Ryan Krug OT UConn
            >
            > More to come
            >

            > "We never lose the hat and shirt games. If we know
            > we're going to get
            > hats and shirts, we win." - Tedy Bruschi

            > Group, send an email to:

            > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

            > protection around
            > http://mail.yahoo.com

            "We never lose the hat and shirt games. If we know we're going to get
            hats and shirts, we win." - Tedy Bruschi

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Ed Bryant
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 26 7:17 AM
              What are the chances his peers want him to skip the Navy when the government has the country at war?  Do we want the anti-Tillman?  Bill Belichick watched as a kid watched Joe Bellino and Roger Staubach fulfill their commitments first, then try pro ball.  I doubt we sign Echels now.