Fw: Bruschi "Speaks"

  • Karen Cardoza
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2005

      Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 6:55 PM
      Subject: Bruschi "Speaks"

      Patriots' Tedy Bruschi in first-pitch ceremony
      By Associated Press
      Monday, April 11, 2005 - Updated: 05:00 PM EST

      BOSTON - New England Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi threw out a ceremonial first pitch at the Boston Red Sox [stats, schedule]'s home opener on Monday nearly eight weeks after suffering a mild stroke.
            ``I am feeling pretty good,'' he said in a statement issued by the Red Sox.
            He walked with a slight limp from the left-field wall along with three others who threw out first pitches - former Boston Celtics great Bill Russell, former Boston Bruins star Bobby Orr and New England defensive end Richard Seymour. All received a loud ovation as they walked to the mound.
            ``I have firsthand knowledge on why the fans of New England are the best in the world,'' Bruschi said in a statement issued by the Red Sox. ``It's because of all the support they've given me - all the letters, all the e-mails and all the flowers that have been sent.
            ``I want to tell them the most sincere `thank you' because they've helped me get to where I am today.''
            Bruschi, wearing a white Red Sox jersey with manager Terry Francona's No. 47 on the back, threw his pitch to Francona.
            ``This is an extreme honor for me because this is a historic day - the Red Sox championship solidifying the championships of the Patriots, the Celtics and the Bruins,'' Bruschi said.
            Last Friday, Francona was released from Massachusetts General Hospital where he had been taken for tests to determine the source of chest tightness. Red Sox team physician Dr. Thomas Gill said the tightness probably was caused by ``a recent viral illness.''
            Bruschi suffered the stroke 10 days after the Patriots won their third Super Bowl in four years and three days after playing in the Pro Bowl in Hawaii for the first time. He's been working out at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro but there has been no announcement of his prospects of playing next season or beyond.
            Bruschi, 31, left Massachusetts General on Feb. 18, two days after his wife Heidi, called 911, saying her husband was experiencing ``blurred vision, numbness on the right side of his body.''

      Mrs. B (great to see her boy even if it was on TV!)
      Just can't get enough Bruschi?
      Visit www.patriotworld.com and
      check out TotallyTedy!