Re: [patriotzip] Tedy Bruschi throws out first pitch...

  • Christopher Robert Woods
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
      Why did they cheer for Rivera?

      On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, George R wrote:

      > Since I don't get NESN at work! Would you please let me know if there is such news?
      >
      > George
      >
      > "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...> wrote:
      > Maybe it will give us some long overdue factual Bruschi news...
      >
      > NECN 3:00
      >
      > Zip
      >

      > To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan Group, send an email to:

      =================
      Christopher Robert Woods
      chris@...
    • Christopher Robert Woods
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
        Well, not that it's worth anything, but I'd swear I saw Tedy mouthing 'I'm
        Good' to someone who was hugging him from the Red Sox. I'm sure it was
        either a throwaway response or a general statement of his health, not
        necessarily his football readiness, but I guess it's something.

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
          Tedy and Seymour joined Russell and Orr in throwing out the first "Pitch of Champions" but there was no initial news....

          Since I don't get NESN at work! Would you please let me know if there is such news?

          George

          "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...> wrote:
          Maybe it will give us some long overdue factual Bruschi news...

          NECN 3:00

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • George R
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
            ***** Did Tedy get a standing O?

            George

            Christopher Robert Woods <chris@...> wrote:

            Well, not that it's worth anything, but I'd swear I saw Tedy mouthing 'I'm
            Good' to someone who was hugging him from the Red Sox.  I'm sure it was
            either a throwaway response or a general statement of his health, not
            necessarily his football readiness, but I guess it's something.

            On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, George R wrote:

            > Since I don't get NESN at work! Would you please let me know if there is such news?

            > George
            >
            > "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...> wrote:
            > Maybe it will give us some long overdue factual Bruschi news...

            > NECN 3:00

            > Zip

            > To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan Group, send an email to:

            >  Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site!

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            Do you Yahoo!?

            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
              He got a good loud cheer and a bit later there was a  "Tedy - Tedy - Tedy!" chant if I don't mishear.

              Someone with eyes will have to tell you more.  The fact that he was/is in apublic forum may get us a report as he was available to some extrent to media.  I'm enduring the game int he hopes they might do an interview on air - though I doubt such.

              Chris - they cheered Mariano Rivera because they Sox have made him their Daddy this year and so ti was mroe of a tuant.

              Well, not that it's worth anything, but I'd swear I saw Tedy mouthing 'I'm
              Good' to someone who was hugging him from the Red Sox.  I'm sure it was
              either a throwaway response or a general statement of his health, not
              necessarily his football readiness, but I guess it's something.

              On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, George R wrote:

              > Since I don't get NESN at work! Would you please let me know if there is such news?

              > George
              >
              > "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...> wrote:
              > Maybe it will give us some long overdue factual Bruschi news...

              > NECN 3:00

              > Zip

              > To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan Group, send an email to:

              >  Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site!

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              Do you Yahoo!?

            • Michael J.King Sr.
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
                At 11:55 AM 4/11/2005, Christopher Robert Woods wrote:

                >Well, not that it's worth anything, but I'd swear I saw Tedy mouthing 'I'm
                >Good' to someone who was hugging him from the Red Sox. I'm sure it was
                >either a throwaway response or a general statement of his health, not
                >necessarily his football readiness, but I guess it's something.

                He was actually asked "who's your daddy" His reply "Chris Woods" >G<
                Laater.Mike

                The Boston Red Sox World 2004 Champions The New England Patriots 2004 and
                2005 World Champions
                "On paper, New York looks better, but the Red Sox will beat the Yankees
                when it counts
                because of what happened in those last four games in October. It's the new
                reality,
                the alternative universe, where the Red Sox are clutch and the Yanks choke"
                Dan Shaughnessy
                Yup Bizarro Red Sox.Gotta Love it!!!!
              • Chowdah
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 12, 2005
                  As you are obviously not a Red Sox fan it may be difficult to explain
                  but I will try....

                  The Red Sox own Mariano Rivera...He is no threat to the Old Towne
                  Team. The Sox own 11 of Mo's last 27 Blown Saves! His 2 blown saves
                  in NY gave us Sox fans more than enough ammo to counter the Yankee
                  Fans "We won 2 out of 3 in a meaningless opening series" crap that
                  was thrown our way. Thats why I would applaud him.

                  There are others though that appreciate the fact that Mariano Rivera
                  is probably one of the best closers in the game and he is also a
                  class act and as much as we Chowdahs hate the Yanks you can't
                  disrespect a man who brings so much respect to the game!

                  Some comments on the Ceremony:

                  I live in NY and was able to catch some of the ceremony on YES. The
                  sight of Seymour, Bruschi, Russell and Howe shaking hands w/ the Red
                  Sox, players from all 4 champion Boston teams on the field at once,
                  almost brought me to tears! It was quite a sight!

                  The Yes announcer stated that Bruschi did have the surgery to repair
                  the hole in his heart. That didn't sound right to me. And when I
                  considered it was an Yankee game announcer making the statement I
                  took it with a huge grain of salt. I have heard nothing of Tedy
                  having any procedures done.

                  Bruschi threw the best opening pitch of the 4, not that is an
                  indication of anything but it was still great to see!

                  Bottom line Got to see Tedy, Seymour, Russell and Gordie and the Sox
                  spanked the Yanks 8-1 ...Overall it was a great day!

                  Counting down to draft day!

                  PAAAATTRRRIIOOTTSS RRUULLEEE!!!!!!!

                  --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Robert Woods
                  <chris@p...> wrote:

                  > Why did they cheer for Rivera?
                  >
                  > On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, George R wrote:
                  >
                  > > Since I don't get NESN at work! Would you please let me know if
                  there is such news?

                  > > George
                  > >
                  > > "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@s...> wrote:
                  > > Maybe it will give us some long overdue factual Bruschi news...
                  > >
                  > > NECN 3:00
                  > >
                  > > Zip
                  > >

                  > > To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan Group, send an
                  email to:

                  Service.

                  > =================
                  > Christopher Robert Woods
                  > chris@p...
                • Michael J.King Sr.
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 12, 2005
                    At 06:11 AM 4/12/2005, Chowdah wrote:

                    >As you are obviously not a Red Sox fan it may be difficult to explain
                    >but I will try....
                    >
                    >The Red Sox own Mariano Rivera...He is no threat to the Old Towne
                    >Team. The Sox own 11 of Mo's last 27 Blown Saves! His 2 blown saves
                    >in NY gave us Sox fans more than enough ammo to counter the Yankee
                    >Fans "We won 2 out of 3 in a meaningless opening series" crap that
                    >was thrown our way. Thats why I would applaud him.
                    >
                    >There are others though that appreciate the fact that Mariano Rivera
                    >is probably one of the best closers in the game and he is also a
                    >class act and as much as we Chowdahs hate the Yanks you can't
                    >disrespect a man who brings so much respect to the game!

                    Very well said you Chowdah head!! The ceremony was amazing to say the
                    least. The Sox didn't miss a trick. Tedy wearing the BoSox jersey with # 47
                    (Manager Terry "Tito" Francona's #) was extremely moving due to both mens
                    recent health scares. The injured vets that the Sox visited in early March
                    walking and wheeling in with some World Series rings was wicked special to
                    me as I am a 100% Service connected Disabled Veteran. Nice touch. Just a
                    few of my thoughts and YMMV!! Later.Mike

                    p.s. Pesky...Pesky...Pesky!!!!!!!!!