Tedy Bruschi throws out first pitch...

    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
      Maybe it will give us some long overdue factual Bruschi news...

      NECN 3:00

      Zip

    • Christopher Robert Woods
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
        I hope the crowd gives him a good cheer.

        Also it is nice to have a working computer again after two of mine died in
        the span of 2 days.

        On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, RandyZ. Pierce wrote:

        > Maybe it will give us some long overdue factual Bruschi news...
        >
        > NECN 3:00
        >
        > Zip

        =================
        Christopher Robert Woods
        chris@...
      • Christopher Robert Woods
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
          I don't know what you should expect beyond how he looks.

          I can't believe I'm so starved for Pats' news that I'm watching the stupid
          Red Sox ring ceremony.

          Man I hope the Yankees win.

          On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, George R wrote:

          > Since I don't get NESN at work! Would you please let me know if there is such news?
          >
          > George
          >
          > "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...> wrote:
          > Maybe it will give us some long overdue factual Bruschi news...
          >
          > NECN 3:00
          >
          > Zip
          >

          > To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan Group, send an email to:

          =================
          Christopher Robert Woods
          chris@...
        • George R
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
            Since I don't get NESN at work! Would you please let me know if there is such news?

            George

            "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...> wrote:
            Maybe it will give us some long overdue factual Bruschi news...

            NECN 3:00

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • Christopher Robert Woods
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
              Why did they cheer for Rivera?

              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
                Well, not that it's worth anything, but I'd swear I saw Tedy mouthing 'I'm
                Good' to someone who was hugging him from the Red Sox. I'm sure it was
                either a throwaway response or a general statement of his health, not
                necessarily his football readiness, but I guess it's something.

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
                  Tedy and Seymour joined Russell and Orr in throwing out the first "Pitch of Champions" but there was no initial news....

                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
                    ***** Did Tedy get a standing O?

                    George

                    Christopher Robert Woods <chris@...> wrote:

                    Well, not that it's worth anything, but I'd swear I saw Tedy mouthing 'I'm
                    Good' to someone who was hugging him from the Red Sox.  I'm sure it was
                    either a throwaway response or a general statement of his health, not
                    necessarily his football readiness, but I guess it's something.

                    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, George R wrote:

                    > Since I don't get NESN at work! Would you please let me know if there is such news?

                    > George
                    >
                    > "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...> wrote:
                    > Maybe it will give us some long overdue factual Bruschi news...

                    > NECN 3:00

                    > Zip

                    > To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan Group, send an email to:

                    >  Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site!

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    Do you Yahoo!?

                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
                      He got a good loud cheer and a bit later there was a  "Tedy - Tedy - Tedy!" chant if I don't mishear.

                      Someone with eyes will have to tell you more.  The fact that he was/is in apublic forum may get us a report as he was available to some extrent to media.  I'm enduring the game int he hopes they might do an interview on air - though I doubt such.

                      Chris - they cheered Mariano Rivera because they Sox have made him their Daddy this year and so ti was mroe of a tuant.

                      Well, not that it's worth anything, but I'd swear I saw Tedy mouthing 'I'm
                      Good' to someone who was hugging him from the Red Sox.  I'm sure it was
                      either a throwaway response or a general statement of his health, not
                      necessarily his football readiness, but I guess it's something.

                      On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, George R wrote:

                      > Since I don't get NESN at work! Would you please let me know if there is such news?

                      > George
                      >
                      > "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...> wrote:
                      > Maybe it will give us some long overdue factual Bruschi news...

                      > NECN 3:00

                      > Zip

                      > To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan Group, send an email to:

                      >  Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site!

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                      Do you Yahoo!?

                    • Michael J.King Sr.
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
                        At 11:55 AM 4/11/2005, Christopher Robert Woods wrote:

                        >Well, not that it's worth anything, but I'd swear I saw Tedy mouthing 'I'm
                        >Good' to someone who was hugging him from the Red Sox. I'm sure it was
                        >either a throwaway response or a general statement of his health, not
                        >necessarily his football readiness, but I guess it's something.

                        He was actually asked "who's your daddy" His reply "Chris Woods" >G<
                        Laater.Mike

                        The Boston Red Sox World 2004 Champions The New England Patriots 2004 and
                        2005 World Champions
                        "On paper, New York looks better, but the Red Sox will beat the Yankees
                        when it counts
                        because of what happened in those last four games in October. It's the new
                        reality,
                        the alternative universe, where the Red Sox are clutch and the Yanks choke"
                        Dan Shaughnessy
                        Yup Bizarro Red Sox.Gotta Love it!!!!
                      • Chowdah
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 12, 2005
                          As you are obviously not a Red Sox fan it may be difficult to explain
                          but I will try....

                          The Red Sox own Mariano Rivera...He is no threat to the Old Towne
                          Team. The Sox own 11 of Mo's last 27 Blown Saves! His 2 blown saves
                          in NY gave us Sox fans more than enough ammo to counter the Yankee
                          Fans "We won 2 out of 3 in a meaningless opening series" crap that
                          was thrown our way. Thats why I would applaud him.

                          There are others though that appreciate the fact that Mariano Rivera
                          is probably one of the best closers in the game and he is also a
                          class act and as much as we Chowdahs hate the Yanks you can't
                          disrespect a man who brings so much respect to the game!

                          Some comments on the Ceremony:

                          I live in NY and was able to catch some of the ceremony on YES. The
                          sight of Seymour, Bruschi, Russell and Howe shaking hands w/ the Red
                          Sox, players from all 4 champion Boston teams on the field at once,
                          almost brought me to tears! It was quite a sight!

                          The Yes announcer stated that Bruschi did have the surgery to repair
                          the hole in his heart. That didn't sound right to me. And when I
                          considered it was an Yankee game announcer making the statement I
                          took it with a huge grain of salt. I have heard nothing of Tedy
                          having any procedures done.

                          Bruschi threw the best opening pitch of the 4, not that is an
                          indication of anything but it was still great to see!

                          Bottom line Got to see Tedy, Seymour, Russell and Gordie and the Sox
                          spanked the Yanks 8-1 ...Overall it was a great day!

                          Counting down to draft day!

                          PAAAATTRRRIIOOTTSS RRUULLEEE!!!!!!!

                          --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Robert Woods
                          <chris@p...> wrote:

                          > Why did they cheer for Rivera?
                          >
                          > On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, George R wrote:
                          >
                          > > Since I don't get NESN at work! Would you please let me know if
                          there is such news?

                          > > George
                          > >
                          > > "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@s...> wrote:
                          > > Maybe it will give us some long overdue factual Bruschi news...
                          > >
                          > > NECN 3:00
                          > >
                          > > Zip
                          > >

                          > > To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan Group, send an
                          email to:

                          Service.

                          > =================
                          > Christopher Robert Woods
                          > chris@p...
                        • Michael J.King Sr.
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 12, 2005
                            At 06:11 AM 4/12/2005, Chowdah wrote:

                            >As you are obviously not a Red Sox fan it may be difficult to explain
                            >but I will try....
                            >
                            >The Red Sox own Mariano Rivera...He is no threat to the Old Towne
                            >Team. The Sox own 11 of Mo's last 27 Blown Saves! His 2 blown saves
                            >in NY gave us Sox fans more than enough ammo to counter the Yankee
                            >Fans "We won 2 out of 3 in a meaningless opening series" crap that
                            >was thrown our way. Thats why I would applaud him.
                            >
                            >There are others though that appreciate the fact that Mariano Rivera
                            >is probably one of the best closers in the game and he is also a
                            >class act and as much as we Chowdahs hate the Yanks you can't
                            >disrespect a man who brings so much respect to the game!

                            Very well said you Chowdah head!! The ceremony was amazing to say the
                            least. The Sox didn't miss a trick. Tedy wearing the BoSox jersey with # 47
                            (Manager Terry "Tito" Francona's #) was extremely moving due to both mens
                            recent health scares. The injured vets that the Sox visited in early March
                            walking and wheeling in with some World Series rings was wicked special to
                            me as I am a 100% Service connected Disabled Veteran. Nice touch. Just a
                            few of my thoughts and YMMV!! Later.Mike

                            p.s. Pesky...Pesky...Pesky!!!!!!!!!