Re: [patriotzip] The Next Dillon?

  • Steve Basile
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2005
      Re: [patriotzip] The Next Dillon? On 4/3/05 11:19 PM, "George R" <patsfangr@...> wrote:

      ***** The signing of David Terrell, labelled a "bust" by most fans, including this one, could be the next great steal by our incredible team. Nobody can deny the talent this kid had at Michigan. Most here remember the debate that raged among us over whether the Pats should have signed him or "my man", Richard Seymour. I never doubted that Terrell had the potential to be an All Pro caliber WR. I simply believed that we needed a DT more at the time.

      ***** So now, we get a guy who was considered, at the time, to be the best WR coming out of college, but who was stuck with a team that hasn't had a QB since Sid Luckman. A team that has been nearly as much of a hopeless loser as was Dillon's former team, the Bengals. What will happen when this kid rejoins Tom Brady on a team that considers winning to be, not a goal, but a necessity?

      ***** Great things, is my prediction. The trio of Branch, Givens, and Terrell at WR; plus Watson and Graham at TE, gives us what may be the best air attack in the league. Put me on record as extremely happy and optimistic about this acquisition. Oh yeah. And move WR out of the first day of the draft, while you're taking notes.

      George
      ** New England Patriots -
       Team of the Century! **

      From The Pats Site Today:

      “The Patriots made it official Monday, signing 2001 first round draft pick David Terrell to what ESPN reported Sunday night as a one-year contract, although the team did not confirm the terms of the deal.

      Terrell was the eighth pick in the 2001 draft and was selected two spots after the Patriots took defensive lineman Richard Seymour with the sixth pick. But the the  6-3, 212-pound Terrell was inconsistent during his four-year career with Chicago. He caught 34 passes for 415 yards and four touchdowns as a rookie, but then played just five games in 2002 after breaking a bone in his foot. He bounced back to grab 43 passes in 2003 and added 42 last year before being released by the Bears.

      The Bears offensive inconsistency as a whole may have dogged Terrell during his time in Chicago. He played with six different starting quarterbacks the last two years and played through different offensive coordintaors [sic] and systems. He was very successful in his three college seasons at Michigan, two of which included catching passes from current Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.

      For his career, Terrell has played in 52 of 64 possible games, plus one postseason game, with 128 catches for 1,602 yards with nine touchdowns.”

      Hoping for the next Dillon indeed.  Here’s to Bill and Scott, the Zen Master Duo....

      Basile

      --
      Steve Basile
      Manager