RE: [patriotzip] The Next Dillon?

  • Buh Buh KEn
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2005
      Right after Terrell became available I knew I wouldn't mind if the Pats took
      a chance on him and I was kind of hoping they would. Like what has been
      said he is a big WR, something we haven't had much luck with.

      Has Terrell been a bust so far, no doubt. But with the QBs that he has had
      in his NFL career it makes me very optimistic he can step it up with Tom
      throwing to him. Plus I really like that it is only a one year contract if
      he turns out to be a distraction or proves he is truly a bust in the NFL.

      Buh Buh KEn

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2005
        Re: [patriotzip] The Next Dillon? On 4/3/05 11:19 PM, "George R" <patsfangr@...> wrote:

[...]

        From The Pats Site Today:

        “The Patriots made it official Monday, signing 2001 first round draft pick David Terrell to what ESPN reported Sunday night as a one-year contract, although the team did not confirm the terms of the deal.

        Terrell was the eighth pick in the 2001 draft and was selected two spots after the Patriots took defensive lineman Richard Seymour with the sixth pick. But the the  6-3, 212-pound Terrell was inconsistent during his four-year career with Chicago. He caught 34 passes for 415 yards and four touchdowns as a rookie, but then played just five games in 2002 after breaking a bone in his foot. He bounced back to grab 43 passes in 2003 and added 42 last year before being released by the Bears.

        The Bears offensive inconsistency as a whole may have dogged Terrell during his time in Chicago. He played with six different starting quarterbacks the last two years and played through different offensive coordintaors [sic] and systems. He was very successful in his three college seasons at Michigan, two of which included catching passes from current Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.

        For his career, Terrell has played in 52 of 64 possible games, plus one postseason game, with 128 catches for 1,602 yards with nine touchdowns.”

        Hoping for the next Dillon indeed.  Here’s to Bill and Scott, the Zen Master Duo....

        Basile

        --
        Steve Basile
        Manager