Re: The Next Dillon?

  • Frank Northcutt
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2005
      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, George R <patsfangr@y...> wrote:
      > ***** The signing of David Terrell, labelled a "bust" by most fans,
      including this one, could be the next great steal by our incredible
      team. Nobody can deny the talent this kid had at Michigan. Most here
      remember the debate that raged among us over whether the Pats should
      have signed him or "my man", Richard Seymour. I never doubted that
      Terrell had the potential to be an All Pro caliber WR. I simply
      believed that we needed a DT more at the time.

      I hear TB lobbied real hard for this one. Old Michigan team mates.
      This could be a great situation for him; to resurrect his career, and
      give us that big target we've been looking for. Of course our "big
      receiver" track record hasn't been all that good (Tony Simmons, Donald
      Hayes, Charles Johnson, Terrance Small, etc.). But I'm encouraged. No
      need to pick a WR in the draft, also.

      fdb
    • Buh Buh KEn
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2005
        Right after Terrell became available I knew I wouldn't mind if the Pats took
        a chance on him and I was kind of hoping they would. Like what has been
        said he is a big WR, something we haven't had much luck with.

        Has Terrell been a bust so far, no doubt. But with the QBs that he has had
        in his NFL career it makes me very optimistic he can step it up with Tom
        throwing to him. Plus I really like that it is only a one year contract if
        he turns out to be a distraction or proves he is truly a bust in the NFL.

        Buh Buh KEn

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2005
          Re: [patriotzip] The Next Dillon? On 4/3/05 11:19 PM, "George R" <patsfangr@...> wrote:

[...]

          From The Pats Site Today:

          “The Patriots made it official Monday, signing 2001 first round draft pick David Terrell to what ESPN reported Sunday night as a one-year contract, although the team did not confirm the terms of the deal.

          Terrell was the eighth pick in the 2001 draft and was selected two spots after the Patriots took defensive lineman Richard Seymour with the sixth pick. But the the  6-3, 212-pound Terrell was inconsistent during his four-year career with Chicago. He caught 34 passes for 415 yards and four touchdowns as a rookie, but then played just five games in 2002 after breaking a bone in his foot. He bounced back to grab 43 passes in 2003 and added 42 last year before being released by the Bears.

          The Bears offensive inconsistency as a whole may have dogged Terrell during his time in Chicago. He played with six different starting quarterbacks the last two years and played through different offensive coordintaors [sic] and systems. He was very successful in his three college seasons at Michigan, two of which included catching passes from current Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.

          For his career, Terrell has played in 52 of 64 possible games, plus one postseason game, with 128 catches for 1,602 yards with nine touchdowns.”

          Hoping for the next Dillon indeed.  Here’s to Bill and Scott, the Zen Master Duo....

          Basile

          --
          Steve Basile
          Manager