Re: [patriotzip] Re: Andruzzi a goner

  • George R
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 3, 2005
      Frank Northcutt <frank.dana@...> wrote:

      They know that they can find seemingly average players, who want to play, and raise their game with good coaching.

      fdb

      ***** That's what makes it virtually impossible for us "amateur GMs" to anticipate/predict what this team will do in the off-season, Frank. They bring in guys that we know virtually nothing about, in terms of their potential for bigger things. Guys like Hamilton, Vrabel, Fauria, and Andruzzi are all great examples of that. Every one of them played a significant role in our success, yet none of them raised our hopes when the signings were announced.

      ***** BB & Pioli do their homework on players better than anybody in the NFL. That is why they're able to operate so successfully within the Cap. They find guys who have not "earned the right" to the big bucks with their play on other teams, but who will be able to play at the "big bucks" level with us.

      ***** I enjoy trying to guess what will happen, and will continue to do so. But, until I see some repeated failures, I will assume that whatever player(s) BB brings in will perform well for us, no matter what the stuff I've seen or read may lead me to believe. And I will continue to expect that I will not be right about a single player I identify as a "future Patriot." (Total count to date = 1, Seymour!) :-)

      ** & The Patriots dynasty has begun! **

      Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!