Re: RFA Tenders

  • Frank Northcutt
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
      With our LB situation, and our D-line depth, I would think we could go
      4-3 next year. Losing Green would make that more difficult.
      With Troy gone, PK an unknown, and Bethel still unproven, losing
      Givens could be a significant blow, also.
      Ashworth wasn't a factor this year, but Neal has certainly turned the
      corner. He was a solid contributor. Would be a loss, I think.

      On the plus side, we're certainly clearing cap space, so far. Is BB
      looking very closely at the FA market?

      fdb

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, George R <patsfangr@y...> wrote:
      > ***** I'm happy with that. I will still worry about Givens and
      Green. But we do have that damn Cap to consider. If we lose any of
      these 4 guys to a bigger contract, I won't be unhappy with a R1 pick
      in return, particularly if they're signed by a team with a to half pick.

      > George
      >
      > Mark Morse <packy001@y...> wrote:
      > Patriots have given the medium tender ($1.4M) to
      > Givens, Neal, Green and Ashworth. If any are signed
      > by another team, the Pats will receive a number one
      > pick as compensation.
      >
      > Joe Andruzzi is close to siging a new contract with
      > the Patriots and they also expect to re-sign Brandon
      > Gorin tonight.
      >

      > =====
      > "We never lose the hat and shirt games. If we know we're going to get
      > hats and shirts, we win." - Tedy Bruschi

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • Mark Morse
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
        Color Green gone!

        I think that we can afford to lose Green because we
        have Hill and Bailey as backups. I can't see anyone
        taking a shot at Ashworth. Neal we should match if
        anyone is crazy enough to offer more. Givens is the
        one that scares me. I still think the Eagles are
        going to make a run aat him, offering a long term deal
        with frontloaded guarantee rather than bonus money
        (poison pill).

        The Eagles have 5 day one picks. As I have said
        before, the number 31 pick is not worth that much.

        =====