Re: [patriotzip] RFA Tenders

  • George R
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
      ***** I'm happy with that. I will still worry about Givens and Green. But we do have that damn Cap to consider. If we lose any of these 4 guys to a bigger contract, I won't be unhappy with a R1 pick in return, particularly if they're signed by a team with a to half pick.

      George

      Mark Morse <packy001@...> wrote:
      Patriots have given the medium tender ($1.4M) to
      Givens, Neal, Green and Ashworth.  If any are signed
      by another team, the Pats will receive a number one
      pick as compensation.

      Joe Andruzzi is close to siging a new contract with
      the Patriots and they also expect to re-sign Brandon
      Gorin tonight.

      =====
      "We never lose the hat and shirt games.  If we know we're going to get
      hats and shirts, we win." - Tedy Bruschi

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • Frank Northcutt
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
        With our LB situation, and our D-line depth, I would think we could go
        4-3 next year. Losing Green would make that more difficult.
        With Troy gone, PK an unknown, and Bethel still unproven, losing
        Givens could be a significant blow, also.
        Ashworth wasn't a factor this year, but Neal has certainly turned the
        corner. He was a solid contributor. Would be a loss, I think.

        On the plus side, we're certainly clearing cap space, so far. Is BB
        looking very closely at the FA market?

        fdb

        --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, George R <patsfangr@y...> wrote:
        > ***** I'm happy with that. I will still worry about Givens and
        Green. But we do have that damn Cap to consider. If we lose any of
        these 4 guys to a bigger contract, I won't be unhappy with a R1 pick
        in return, particularly if they're signed by a team with a to half pick.

        > George
        >
        > Mark Morse <packy001@y...> wrote:
        > Patriots have given the medium tender ($1.4M) to
        > Givens, Neal, Green and Ashworth. If any are signed
        > by another team, the Pats will receive a number one
        > pick as compensation.
        >
        > Joe Andruzzi is close to siging a new contract with
        > the Patriots and they also expect to re-sign Brandon
        > Gorin tonight.
        >

        > =====
        > "We never lose the hat and shirt games. If we know we're going to get
        > hats and shirts, we win." - Tedy Bruschi

        > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Mark Morse
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
          Color Green gone!

          I think that we can afford to lose Green because we
          have Hill and Bailey as backups. I can't see anyone
          taking a shot at Ashworth. Neal we should match if
          anyone is crazy enough to offer more. Givens is the
          one that scares me. I still think the Eagles are
          going to make a run aat him, offering a long term deal
          with frontloaded guarantee rather than bonus money
          (poison pill).

          The Eagles have 5 day one picks. As I have said
          before, the number 31 pick is not worth that much.

          =====