RFA Tenders

  • Mark Morse
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
      Patriots have given the medium tender ($1.4M) to
      Givens, Neal, Green and Ashworth. If any are signed
      by another team, the Pats will receive a number one
      pick as compensation.

      Joe Andruzzi is close to siging a new contract with
      the Patriots and they also expect to re-sign Brandon
      Gorin tonight.

      =====
      "We never lose the hat and shirt games. If we know we're going to get
      hats and shirts, we win." - Tedy Bruschi

      http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
    • George R
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
        ***** I'm happy with that. I will still worry about Givens and Green. But we do have that damn Cap to consider. If we lose any of these 4 guys to a bigger contract, I won't be unhappy with a R1 pick in return, particularly if they're signed by a team with a to half pick.

        George

        Mark Morse <packy001@...> wrote:
        Patriots have given the medium tender ($1.4M) to
        Givens, Neal, Green and Ashworth.  If any are signed
        by another team, the Pats will receive a number one
        pick as compensation.

        Joe Andruzzi is close to siging a new contract with
        the Patriots and they also expect to re-sign Brandon
        Gorin tonight.

        =====
        "We never lose the hat and shirt games.  If we know we're going to get
        hats and shirts, we win." - Tedy Bruschi

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Frank Northcutt
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
          With our LB situation, and our D-line depth, I would think we could go
          4-3 next year. Losing Green would make that more difficult.
          With Troy gone, PK an unknown, and Bethel still unproven, losing
          Givens could be a significant blow, also.
          Ashworth wasn't a factor this year, but Neal has certainly turned the
          corner. He was a solid contributor. Would be a loss, I think.

          On the plus side, we're certainly clearing cap space, so far. Is BB
          looking very closely at the FA market?

          fdb

          --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, George R <patsfangr@y...> wrote:
          > ***** I'm happy with that. I will still worry about Givens and
          Green. But we do have that damn Cap to consider. If we lose any of
          these 4 guys to a bigger contract, I won't be unhappy with a R1 pick
          in return, particularly if they're signed by a team with a to half pick.

          > George
          >
          > Mark Morse <packy001@y...> wrote:
          > Patriots have given the medium tender ($1.4M) to
          > Givens, Neal, Green and Ashworth. If any are signed
          > by another team, the Pats will receive a number one
          > pick as compensation.
          >
          > Joe Andruzzi is close to siging a new contract with
          > the Patriots and they also expect to re-sign Brandon
          > Gorin tonight.
          >

          > =====
          > "We never lose the hat and shirt games. If we know we're going to get
          > hats and shirts, we win." - Tedy Bruschi

          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • Mark Morse
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
            Color Green gone!

            I think that we can afford to lose Green because we
            have Hill and Bailey as backups. I can't see anyone
            taking a shot at Ashworth. Neal we should match if
            anyone is crazy enough to offer more. Givens is the
            one that scares me. I still think the Eagles are
            going to make a run aat him, offering a long term deal
            with frontloaded guarantee rather than bonus money
            (poison pill).

            The Eagles have 5 day one picks. As I have said
            before, the number 31 pick is not worth that much.

            =====