Troy Brown - free agent

  • Frank Northcutt
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2005
      It's a sad changing, but inevitable, of the guard. I, for one, would
      prefer to see him retire as a Patriot, rather than sign with someone
      else. Purely selfish reasons. Is there anyone else who epitomizes the
      Patriot spirit as Troy does? Is there anyone who was more of an
      overachiever? Someone that just wouldn't give up, persevered, became
      the face of this franchise; on and off the field? Doesn't seem like 12
      years to me.
      Farewell, old friend. Hope you come back to visit many times. You'll
      get a hero's welcome; greeted by a rousing...

      BINGO!!!

      fdb
    • rogue35lk
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2005
        From what I understand, Troy was due to count $5 Million against the
        cap if he stayed (2.5 million base and 2.5 mil roster bonus). As
        much as I like Troy, that just wasn't going to happen.

        Hopefully, he and re-work something and end his career here, where
        he belongs.

        --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Northcutt"