ILB - An In House Solution?

  • George R
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005

      ***** Just an idea for your consideration and discussion. If we must bid good-bye to Tedy, could Willie move inside? Based upon what we've seen in the various sideline bits in our many official DVDs, he has a grasp of the defense as good as that of any player on the team. He has played literally every spot but DT in the front 7 at one time or another in BB's dynamic defense. He certainly has the size, strength, and mobility for it. Why not?

      ***** One thing that led to that idea is the notable improvement in the play of Rosie Colvin over the last few games of the season. He looks to me to me ready to step in next season.with all the production we expected of him before his injury.

      ***** So what would be wrong with Vrabel and Colvin outside; TJ and Willie inside; and TBC, Klecko, Chatham, and some rookie backing them up? It would keep us out of the FA bidding wars, which is certainly not a route we want to take.

      ***** So what do you think? Could Willie move inside?

      ** & The Patriots dynasty has begun! **

      Do you Yahoo!?