Seymour vs Terrell

  • Frank Northcutt
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2005
      Remember how irate some fans were when we selected a defensive lineman
      in the first round, and not the "can't miss, skill position player", a
      WR named David Terrell?

      < LAKE FOREST, Ill. - Wide receiver David Terrell, the eighth overall
      pick in the 2001 draft, was released by the Chicago Bears (news) on
      Monday after four seasons of failed expectations. >

      I think Mr. Seymour has done fairly well here, thank you very much.

      And, I second the kudos to Mr Phifer. Class act, team player, big time
      contributor. We'll all miss him.

      fdb
    • Joseph Theban
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2 6:48 PM
        I remember countless Patriots fans on a different site vehemently insisting that the Pats pick Terrell (I wanted a defensive tackle - not necessarily Seymour, but a high-quality one - I'm, of course, elated with Seymour's play).

        Also, I remember Ron Borges blasted the Pats after that draft for not taking Terrell.

        They just didn't get it - defense wins championships.

        Frank Northcutt <frank.dana@...> wrote:

        Remember how irate some fans were when we selected a defensive lineman
        in the first round, and not the "can't miss, skill position player", a
        WR named David Terrell?

        < LAKE FOREST, Ill. - Wide receiver David Terrell, the eighth overall
        pick in the 2001 draft, was released by the Chicago Bears (news) on
        Monday after four seasons of failed expectations. >

        I think Mr. Seymour has done fairly well here, thank you very much.

        And, I second the kudos to Mr Phifer. Class act, team player, big time
        contributor. We'll all miss him.

        Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!