Re: [patriotzip] Re: Silence is deafening

  • Ed Bryant
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 26, 2005
      I knew you could explain to me, so even I'd understand it.  I sure wish people who borrow money were as appreciate as those who borrow eyes.  Yes, what a wonderful moment on that video, with the missing starters beginning with Zip!  I'd quite forgotten, and now I can enjoy it all over again.

      Am I mad, or is it a richer experience to follow the Pats in the off-season than to follow most other teams in the fourth quarter of a close game?  We have been hushed and made fearful and forced to confront the Truly Important with Tedy, and just when everyone is in touch with his or her true feelings, wondering if Tedy has already gotten his wish to end his career as a Patriot, comes the news that the Krafts wish to charge him $1,500 for the right to do so, and 10,000 season tickets holders quietly demand a trade to Arizona, where new assistant personnel director Ty Law famously declares: A man's got to seat!

      I was glad to see your posts defending the Ty Law who played on the field.  Someone to whom I can't pin a name pointed out in an e-mail that Law is the newest victim of the Just Left Boston syndrome, in which "Pedro Martinez"  turns to be Spanish for "Roger Clemens."

      Speaking of whatever faint praise my particular spin on things may deserve, on February 22 I authored a poem, not about football, this time, which I suspect is my finest piece of writing ever.  That is to say, I am excited about it, and if enough people hate this one, I could be crushed!   Any way, many people have already been forced to hear it with their own ears from my vocal chords, and I think I'll spare JAWS the need to try.   I called you yesterday, and the roomie Brent reported you out with friends, which is almost always a good thing.

      Despite the Kansas City rumor in Saturday's papers, and the franchise tag used by the Raiders, I am not withdrawing my prediction that Law will wear 24 in Oakland this season.  I guess Randy Moss's numbers make it less likely, but I will leave my prediction out there ready for the glory and not the least concerned that anyone will remember if it doesn't turn out true.

      Rand Pierce <alaric02@...> wrote:
      Courtney Brown permission for find another warren that could use an extra rabbit, and Gerald Warren permission to see if there's another team that could use an extra Brown.

      This is the wonderful type of head scratching perspecitve which truly makes me appreciate NFL reports.  You are a deviant sir but damn entertaining in your reports.

      I guess I need to be refreshed on how you came to be listed as out with an injury against the Jets.

      I am pleased you had no question of my starting status.  You were my source, I believe, of reporting the season highlight video from 2003 in which the report gives us the line for the Jets game of (paraphrased) "Patriots were doing it by overcoming a rash of injuries to starters."  Now this alone would be innocent enough but that Jets game was the game our lot was cleared of trees.  It was the game at which Joel Lemieux's Dad wore Lonnie Paxton's Superbowl ring in elation.  It was also the game I hobbled a bit to attend as my left ankle and right wrist were broken.  My broken leg was placed nicely on the seatback in front of me, which in the seats I used meant quite visible to the cameras and they zoomed in on me and my casts...thus offering the inference I was one of the rash of injured starters.
      If I wear a grey hooded sweatshirt...can I be...nevermind.

      "Randy Z. Pierce" <alaric02@...> wrote:
      Yes but with all the talk of getting ILB Pierce from Washington there is some question about whether Pierce will be trying to replace Bruschi around these parts...

      Ahh Free Agency.  Just two years ago I was a featured starter out with an injury (for the Jets game I believe)  and now awaiting Zolakc suits.