TJ misses practice..

  • Frank Northcutt
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
      < JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- New England Patriots linebacker Ted Johnson
      missed practice Monday with a leg injury.

      "His leg is a little tight," coach Bill Belichick told a pool reporter. >

      I hope that's not Bill-speak for a pulled hammy!
    • George R
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
        ***** TJ's having a great season, but, IMO, he's not one of the most critical players against the Eagles. They're not a power running team. They run more off tackle and outside, and, of course, use Westbrook a great deal in the passing game - again, mostly outside. TJ is not the fastest or quickest LB we have. I think that Tedy and Vrabel will be the key LBs in this game vs the run and short pass game. Willie will be big in the pass rush, as will Vrabel. Could Colvin play his "game of the year" here? How'd that be for a sleeper 'Player of the Game' pick? :-)

        George

        Frank Northcutt <frank.dana@...> wrote:

        < JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- New England Patriots linebacker Ted Johnson
        missed practice Monday with a leg injury.

        "His leg is a little tight," coach Bill Belichick told a pool reporter. >

        I hope that's not Bill-speak for a pulled hammy!

        ** & The Patriots dynasty has begun! **

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Frank Northcutt
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
          Good point. As great a year as he has had, he would have been missed
          more against Pittsburgh than Philly. It would be great to see Colvin
          be a factor. Could happen. But by his own admission, he's no where
          near where he was before the injury yet.

          fdb

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
            ***** Right, Frank. At this point, he's still the leading candidate for the "Invisible Man" award for the 2004 season. I think we could count the number of significant plays he's made on the fingers of one hand.

            George

            Frank Northcutt <frank.dana@...> wrote:

            Good point. As great a year as he has had, he would have been missed
            more against Pittsburgh than Philly. It would be great to see Colvin
            be a factor. Could happen. But by his own admission, he's no where
            near where he was before the injury yet.

            fdb

            --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, George R <patsfangr@y...> wrote:
            > ***** TJ's having a great season, but, IMO, he's not one of the most
            critical players against the Eagles. They're not a power running team.
            They run more off tackle and outside, and, of course, use Westbrook a
            great deal in the passing game - again, mostly outside. TJ is not the
            fastest or quickest LB we have. I think that Tedy and Vrabel will be
            the key LBs in this game vs the run and short pass game. Willie will
            be big in the pass rush, as will Vrabel. Could Colvin play his "game
            of the year" here? How'd that be for a sleeper 'Player of the Game'
            pick? :-)

            > George
            >
            > Frank Northcutt <frank.dana@c...> wrote:
            >
            > < JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- New England Patriots linebacker Ted Johnson
            > missed practice Monday with a leg injury.
            >
            > "His leg is a little tight," coach Bill Belichick told a pool
            reporter. >

            > I hope that's not Bill-speak for a pulled hammy!

            email to:

            > George
            > ** Belichick IS NFL Coach of the Year! **
            > ** & The Patriots dynasty has begun! **

            ** & The Patriots dynasty has begun! **

            Do you Yahoo!?
            The all-new My Yahoo! � Get yours free!