Senior Bowl - Players to Watch

  • George R
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2005

      ***** These are the players that I'm most interested in seeing in the Senior Bowl tomorrow. As always, alot of good players will be on the field. But, since these 3 positions are the ones I, and others among us, see as our top priorities, I'll try to focus on these guys. However, keep in mind that what happens on the field is not really as important to the scouts as what takes place in the practice sessions before the game. That's where the scouts get the best feel for the intangibles of football intelligence, coachability, and attitude.

      CBs

      - Bryant McFadden - Fla St (South #8) Only 5' 11"/191, but he's impressed with more toughness than expected in practice. Intelligent, quick learner. No character issues.

      - Carlos Rogers - Auburn (South #14) OK size/speed at 6' 0"/195/4.42. Tough, with good body control. Very good M2M coverage and ball skills. Projected late 1st Round.

      - Corey Webster - LSU (South #13) Speed is a concern. He's 6' 0"/202/4.59. But looks like a very good press corner. Tough in coverage, but needs to improve in run support technique.

      OTs

      - Wesley Britt - Ala (South #70) A big 'un at 6' 7"/313. Outstanding run blocker, but needs work on pass blocking. Hard worker, with a mean streak. OLT now, maybe best as ORT in NFL.

      - Marcus Johnson - Ole Miss (South #76) At 6' 5"/316, plenty of bulk. Another ORT prospect, who's tough and intelligent but needs to add strength and explosiveness.

      - Adam Terry - Syracuse (North #78) My favorite for OLT right now. He needs to add bulk to his 6' 8"/305 frame. But he has very good technique, balance, and mobility.

      - Rob Petitti - Pitt (North #79) Massive at 6' 5"/342, but doesn't move as well as we'd like for an OLT. But decent technique in close, and a mean S.O.B. Improve the mobility, and he's tops.

      ILBs

      - Barrett Rudd - Nebraska (North #38) My annual LB target this year! He's 6' 1"/240, with great read and react and flow to the ball ability. Sheds blockers well. He's tough, fast, instintive, and intelligent, with good leadership skills. Any questions? :-)

      - Robert McCune - Louisville (South #54) Gotta like the number! :-) Good possibility as a R3 or R4 pick. Powerful and fills holes well vs. the run, with great speed in pursuit, and decent range in zone coverage. Needs work on fundamentals, but a good prospect.

      ***** That's it for focus going in. Who knows what players may jump out during the game. Kickoff at 3 PM ET on ESPN2.

      ** & The Patriots dynasty has begun! **

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • George R