Re: Halftime

  • George The Patsfan
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5, 2002
      From: PhilW1776@...
      To: patriots@...
      Subject: Re: Halftime
      Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 18:41:34 EST

      Sorta puts a crimp in their vaunted YAC stats, eh?

      ***** Gives it new meaning - "Y IKES! A NOTHER C RUNCH!"
      George
      **If it can be imagined; it can be done!**

    • cepheus42@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2004
        14 to 10. Two missed field goals. Patriots playing very well
        against that defense. Our defense playing very well except for the
        last two minutes, and frankly if they are having to toss long balls
        at the end of the game to try and catch up, I think we'll be in great
        shape.

        Phew... I need a valium, I'm way too tense! :)
      • Sue Von Iderstine
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2004
          They need to get rid of that prevent defense...Bill's gonna kick their ass during half time

          14 to 10.  Two missed field goals.  Patriots playing very well
          against that defense.  Our defense playing very well except for the
          last two minutes, and frankly if they are having to toss long balls
          at the end of the game to try and catch up, I think we'll be in great
          shape.

          Phew... I need a valium, I'm way too tense!  :)

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Bob George
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 5, 2006
            1.  Holmgren is outcoaching the hell out of Cowher, at least up until that last drive.  Cowher has no concept of an offense and has thus far no answer for the SeaChicken defense.

            2.  The only reason Pittsburgh leads is because of costly penalties and a 37-yard pass to Ward.  That touchdown to Jackson was a terrible call; you might as well call pushoffs on all passes.  That was like Troy Brown on the final drive of SB 38.  A penalty wiped out another long gainer to Jackson.  That pass to Ward on 3rd and 28 was a crappy play by Boulware at the worst possible time; no WR should have been allowed to catch a floating pass inside the 5 in that situation.

            3.  Do you get the impression that the officials are as pro-Steelers as the crowd is?

            4.  Why did Holmgren call for that run on the last drive?  It's almost like he wanted to run out the clock instead of score.  That play made no sense at all.

            5.  Adjustments:  SEA needs to finish drives and keep hammering away at the PIT cornerbacks.  Run Alexander only on 2nd and short until the 4th quarter.  Maintain poise on defense and don't let Big Ben get into a rhythm.

            6.  Now for one of my all-time favorite bands!  Go Mick!