Lawless postseason!!!

  • frankdanabrewster
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2005
      From the AP...

      < FOXBORO, Mass. - The New England Patriots (news) placed Ty Law on
      injured reserve on Friday and said the four-time Pro Bowl cornerback
      will miss the entire postseason. >

      Earthwind to the rescue???

      fdb
    • George R
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 7, 2005
        ***** There is no question that we will face a much tougher challenge without #24 at CB. But BB will have our team on the field, prepared to play with the players we have. As I noted earlier, our front 7 will have to step up to limit both the time and the passing lanes available to opposing QBs. But let's not forget that this is the most resourceful team in the NFL, aided by a team spirit that is already legendary in this league.

        ***** I won't say that I'd be willing to bet my house on a win. But I sure as hell won't concede a loss to any team. We are still capable of beating anybody with our maximum effort. I'm sure the team feels that way to a man!

        George

        frankdanabrewster <frank.dana@...> wrote:

        From the AP...

        < FOXBORO, Mass. - The New England Patriots (news) placed Ty Law on
        injured reserve on Friday and said the four-time Pro Bowl cornerback
        will miss the entire postseason. >

        Earthwind to the rescue???

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • rob.bosch@rcn.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 7, 2005
          The thing we are not talking about is this....we have
          probably seen Ty Law play his last game as a Patriot. I, for
          one, will be shocked if he is back next year. We know he
          won't be back under his current contract. We are also pretty
          sure that he won't renegotiate and take a "salary cap
          friendly" contract. So this, in many ways, is the end of an
          era.

          Ty Law has been a hell of a player for this franchise. There
          were some years in which I thought he was vastly overrated.
          I think his last two and a half years he may played as well
          as he ever had. In some ways he fits right in to the
          Belichick model. He plays hard...he plays hurt...and he
          cares passionately about winning. In other ways, he doesn't
          fit in. Money is the bottom line for Ty Law. It's how he
          measures respect. Never mind that Ty Law has been paid more
          than any other cornerback during the life of his contract.
          He is looking to break the bank again. I don't think it's
          going to happen for him. He will be 32, and coming off an
          injury which has sidelined him for much longer than was
          anticipated. His ankle bothered him for most of last year as
          well. Teams are going to look at that and get scared. Cap
          space is much too precious. This is no doubt a story we will
          be talking about for a few months this offseason.

          To wrap it up, Ty Law's absence will be felt big time during
          the playoffs. There is no way to deny that. But the team has
          survived quite nicely without him. I see no reason why that
          won't continue. It won't be easy, but this is the toughest
          team in football..both physically and mentally. They will
          get to prove during the month of January, and hopefully
          February!

          -Rob
        • frankdanabrewster
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 8, 2005
            Sad, but true. He's been talking all season like he's had a change of
            heart, but I don't buy it. When he's asked to renegotiate, and he will
            be asked, we'll see his true colors. Hopefully he'll understand what
            he has here, and what an icon he will become if he retires as a
            Patriot, but I doubt it.

            fdb

            --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, <rob.bosch@r...> wrote:
            > The thing we are not talking about is this....we have
            > probably seen Ty Law play his last game as a Patriot. I, for
            > one, will be shocked if he is back next year. We know he
            > won't be back under his current contract. We are also pretty
            > sure that he won't renegotiate and take a "salary cap
            > friendly" contract. So this, in many ways, is the end of an
            > era.
            >
            > Ty Law has been a hell of a player for this franchise. There
            > were some years in which I thought he was vastly overrated.
            > I think his last two and a half years he may played as well
            > as he ever had. In some ways he fits right in to the
            > Belichick model. He plays hard...he plays hurt...and he
            > cares passionately about winning. In other ways, he doesn't
            > fit in. Money is the bottom line for Ty Law. It's how he
            > measures respect. Never mind that Ty Law has been paid more
            > than any other cornerback during the life of his contract.
            > He is looking to break the bank again. I don't think it's
            > going to happen for him. He will be 32, and coming off an
            > injury which has sidelined him for much longer than was
            > anticipated. His ankle bothered him for most of last year as
            > well. Teams are going to look at that and get scared. Cap
            > space is much too precious. This is no doubt a story we will
            > be talking about for a few months this offseason.
            >
            > To wrap it up, Ty Law's absence will be felt big time during
            > the playoffs. There is no way to deny that. But the team has
            > survived quite nicely without him. I see no reason why that
            > won't continue. It won't be easy, but this is the toughest
            > team in football..both physically and mentally. They will
            > get to prove during the month of January, and hopefully
            > February!
            >
            > -Rob
          • Ed Bryant