Return Demon Next Season is BJ

  • George R
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2005
      from Administration@...

      Today's Newsbrief For 1/3:

      Johnson Experiment

      Patriots wide receiver Bethel Johnson gave Troy Brown a break on Sunday, handling the team's punt return duties and it seemed to be a good experiment. Johnson broke an 86-yard return for a touchdown that was called back on a penalty, but was still excited at the opportunity. "You've got to have an eye for it," Johnson told the Providence Journal. "Anybody that returns punts, my hat's off to them. I'm going to try and get the eye back for it. I'm cool with it though. You got to be able to look up and judge where those guys are and have a view of where everyone's going. Whatever it takes for us to win, I'm all for it. But I love kickoff returns." Head coach Bill Belichick was pleased with Johnson's performance and fans will likely see more of him. "Some plays were better than others," Belichick told the newspaper. "I am sure he will be able to build on that and learn from it [and] hopefully do a little better next time."

      ***** My bet is that BJ will have a breakout, Pro Bowl season as our PR/KR guy next season. And it may begin in the playoffs. I just have a gut feel that there are a couple of big plays in the return game coming from him somewhere during our next 3 games.

      ** & The Patriots dynasty has begun! **

      Do you Yahoo!?