Patriotic Concerns

  • Randy Z. Pierce
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2004
      Too high after wins and too low after losses.

      Chad Pennington cannot throw deep well.  His arm strength also impacted his ability to throw even more with a windy day.  As such the defense was playing with a very potent weakness on the other sideline.  This was a day we could exploit this.  Our team played well and the win is great - most notably for the bye it brings.  Still, this was a limitted Jets team which our defense dominated and there was the first and last drives in which the Jets did move the ball very well.  A few drops by various Jets players helped the process.  We are good but our team needs a healthy Law and Gay to handle the cream of the crop we'll face in the playoffs.

      Offensively the Pats did manage some good drives and with these we should recall the lack of Abraham.  Brady was still pressured much and Dillon was still held in check early.  I liked the fact Tom didn't even throw the one bone head pass which I recall seeing frequently throughout the last two seasons.  The receivers WERE getting open and the TEs were a solid factor.  Still all the woes are not gone and for the future our team has plenty of work still ahead.

      We need momentum going forward into the playoffs.  A solid outing against the Niners in which nobody with an injury is exposed to further injury.  Still we need effort and progress because the week off will allow healing but it will also encourage some rust if we are not properly prepared.  Football players are creatures of habit and preparation should remain a well preserved habit.

      High on this team and respectful of work still ahead.