QB Controversy

  • George R
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 5, 2004
      ***** That bum, Brady, threw for 157 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT against a defense that gave up 500 yards to Cincinatti last week. I say it's time we put Davey in there!

      ** & The Patriots dynasty has begun! **

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • frankdanabrewster
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 5, 2004
        I'm sure you're being facetious, but TB hasn't been very sharp lately.
        He threw a few into the ground, and behind people today. That pick in
        the flat should never have been thrown. He almost had another on the
        same pattern shortly there after. He usually makes better decisions
        than that. Of course, the TD to Patten was another story. He'll have
        to elevate his game a bit come playoff time.

        JMO,
        fdb

      • PatsWickedPissah@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 5, 2004
          In a message dated 12/5/04 8:12:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, frank.dana@... writes:

          I'm sure you're being facetious, but TB hasn't been very sharp lately.

          I agree.  I'm starting to give credence to those who say he has a nagging injury.  Hard to believe that when he is able to chuck the ball 50 yards though.  He cannot play like that and beat the Jets or win a playoff game.

          -p
        • Christopher Robert Woods
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 5, 2004
            On Sun, 5 Dec 2004, George R wrote:

            > ***** I honestly believe that TB plays to the competition. He makes the
            > great plays when he needs them. Otherwise, he just plays it as
            > conservatively as possible. He's always in a "don't lose it" mode, vs
            > having the killer instinct. It's hard to argue with success. Still I
            > confess that I'd prefer that he were a bit more aggressive more
            > consistently.

            I don't know how you can say this considering Brady was throwing down the
            field all day long.

            Fact is they put on a good rush and played the pass better than the played
            the run. Other than the INT I have no complaints about Brady's play.

            But seriously, you can't get more 'killer' than a 40+ yard bomb for a TD
            right after attempting the same thing the previous play.

            =================
            Christopher Robert Woods
            chris@...
          • George R

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 6, 2004
                From Cafardo's column in the Globe today...

                < In addition to having problems gripping the ball, Brady spent a few
                moments before virtually every series vigorously throwing warmup tosses. >

                Perhaps that shoulder is still a problem.

                fdb

              • PatsWickedPissah@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 6, 2004
                  In a message dated 12/6/04 8:35:38 AM Eastern Standard Time, frank.dana@... writes:

                  From Cafardo's column in the Globe today...

                  <In addition to having problems gripping the ball, Brady spent a few
                  moments before virtually every series vigorously throwing warmup tosses. >

                  Hey Nick, I see him doing that every game.  There does seem to be something off with his game however.  His INT% is up.  On EEI today he said the most important 'stat' to him is minimizing the # of INTs.  I don't think he's please with his game this year, aside from the all important winning.

                  -p