Re: [patriotzip] Gil Santos - Lost his fastball

  • Christopher Robert Woods
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 5, 2004
      On Sun, 5 Dec 2004, Bob George wrote:

      > He is always getting information wrong.

      No worse than the CB play by play guy Kevin Harlan.

      He invents player names, changes player positions, calls wrong stats and
      can't understand simple gestures by the officials.

      Listening to him, Dillon has played QB, the Patriots signed a guy named
      Earthwest Moreland and Manning has an extra TD pass.

      =================
      Christopher Robert Woods
      chris@...
    • George R
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 5, 2004
        ***** C'mon, Bob. You KNOW I'm better that either of them! ;-)

        George
        ge <bobg@...> wrote:
        He is always getting information wrong.

        I noticed this too...wrong yard line, wrong yardage on plays.  Shame.

        I think he should
        > be replaced by Dale Arnold.

        God, no.  I can't stand Arnold.  I would rather try and lure former Celtic
        announcer Howard David back from Miami.  David did a great job of calling SB
        XXXVI for the national radio broadcast.

        Bob G

        ** & The Patriots dynasty has begun! **

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Bob George
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 5, 2004
          That I do!  Now, if Gino goes with Gil, who's your sidekick?

          Bob G

          I noticed this too...wrong yard line, wrong yardage on plays.  Shame.

          I think he should
          > be replaced by Dale Arnold.

          God, no.  I can't stand Arnold.  I would rather try and lure former Celtic
          announcer Howard David back from Miami.  David did a great job of calling SB
          XXXVI for the national radio broadcast.

          Bob G

          ** & The Patriots dynasty has begun! **

          Do you Yahoo!?
          The all-new My Yahoo! – What will yours do?

        • George R
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 5, 2004
            ***** I'm taking Ron Jaworski. He's articulate, has energy; and knows the game.

            George