Re: [patriotzip] Re: McCown to start for Browns?

  • Ed Bryant
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2004
      The Cleveland Browns won the All America Football Conference Championship in each of that league's four years, 1946 to 1949.  The AAFC would send the Browns, the San Francisco 49'ers, and the Dallas Texans, who became the Baltimore Colts, into the NFL in 1950.
      The Browns first NFL regular season game in 1950 was Super Bowl Zero; they knocked the defending NFL Champion Eagles and never looked back.  After knocking off the Rams for its first NFL Championship, Cleveland would lose three more NFL championship games in a row, until, in 1954, the Browns beat the Lions, 56-10, and regained their title, which they were able to defend in 1955, so from 1946 to 1955, ten Otto Graham teams won ten titles.  I am not in a position to know which year Graham's number 60 was exchanged for a more conformist 14, but surely among quarterbacks, he is number 60, no matter how many deserving candidates there might be for the title of being number 12!

      "Randy Z. Pierce" <alaric02@...> wrote:
      So I asked my compatriot Bino, a notorious NFL fan, what he though Tom Brady needed to do in order to become an NFL Icon.  In our discussions he mentioned something about Otto Graham.  I think it was Bino and not our own nefarious Ed "Joe Kapp" Bryant.  The point is I believe I extracted a stunning tidbit.  During his 10 years at Cleveland, did Otto reach 10 Championship games?  Did he win SEVEN of them?  I would have thought to recall such gawdy statistics.