Re: [patriotzip] Bumming.

  • llj7366@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
      In a message dated 10/31/04 9:37:09 PM EST, chris@... writes:

      <<
      I can't believe how bummed out I am over the end of the streak. I don't
      know, maybe I'm the only one, but that was a hard loss to swallow, I feel
      as bad as I do when the season ends without a Lombardi trophy. >>

      I have decided that I don't like losing either. Especially to those @#%$^!
      They are not a nice team. And it stinks. HOWEVER! The pressuse is off, we
      can put this entire thing behind us and move on to the next win in St. Louis!
      LISA
    • Ed Bryant
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2004
        We cheered at the end of Our Idiot Kicker's "Streak."
        We approved when the home losses to the Jets ended, and when the road losses to Miami ended.
        We are sad that Corey Dillon's streak of starts came to an end at five, and look forward to another one.
        However, there's just no reason a good streak like Mike Kruczek's streak, six consecutive wins in his first six starts, should be threatened by another Steeler rookie who actually throws TD passes while quarterbacking the team.  I say we keep Nick Buonconti's champagne on ice another week.  Go, Eagles! Defend Boston College Eagle Mike Kruczek's record from Roethlisberger infringement!

        Randy Z Pierce <alaric02@...> wrote:
        The streak was fun.  Being a part of NFL history is for me an impressive thing and in later reflection the nostalgia will be nigh overwhelming.  I believe it was George whom mentioned previously that every 'streak' by every other team for years will bring about talk of the 2003-2004 Patriots.    As with you, my goal is to watch quality football and work towards the goal of grabbing Lombardi trophies.  This in mind, I easily accept the end of the streak and the actual loss of a game is more pertinent than the end of the streak for me.

        Go Pats
        Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 2:31 PM
        Subject: Re: [patriotzip] Bumming.

        I think that even though they say that they don't think about being undefeated they did and this lose could be the best thing that happens to them this year.  It puts things into perspective.  They can lose...  It has been so long since that has happened that they could have become numb to the feeling and just assume that it is not going to happen.  People have bad games... it happens.  They have had bad games before but the ball always seemed to bounce our ways.  This time they bounced the other way... WAY the other way.  21 points in 3min. for the Steelers!!!!  You can't win games when things like that happen.

        I really hope that they lose takes the weight off of their shoulders and allows them to just go out weekly and play now.  The streak was great, but not that important in my book!

        Just my thoughts....
        Chris

        Carrie Collins <nepatriotbabe@...> wrote:
        I haven't replied much yet but I know how you feel dude...Just the loss itself wasn't bad it was the way we lost....I hope this isn't bad news for our boys...
         I think Dillon and Law out were huge factors..If we could have slowed that offense down and run the ball more we may have had a better chance at a win.....The Steelers just set the tone of the game is all...Only one loss though..we still lead our division and they want that championship...I would rather have it happen now then in playoffs.....I know the Boys will be back kicking butt next week...Just my thoughts....:)

        Christopher Robert Woods <chris@...> wrote:

        I can't believe how bummed out I am over the end of the streak.  I don't
        know, maybe I'm the only one, but that was a hard loss to swallow, I feel
        as bad as I do when the season ends without a Lombardi trophy.

        Do you Yahoo!?

        Do you Yahoo!?
        Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page. - www.yahoo.com

      • Randy Z Pierce
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 3, 2004
          It is never too early to be honing in on the playoff picture and as such we should all indeed be Eagles fans this week.  I also think having our team rated behind the Eagles on everyone's board will improve the Pats play.  I'd love to believe they don't pay attention to such things but prideful athletes whom adopt the team first mantra have really seemed to play their best games when confr0onting a slight level of disrespect.

          Someone mentioned they thought many would have been glad to grab 2 oof 4 from this little four game battle with talent.  I heard very few of such comments with many of my interactive Pats fans feeling confident we could take all four or at the very least 3.  So the Pittsburgh game was not  expected to turn so chillingly lopsided when 3:33 resulted in 3 scores....a numerologist could have some fun with this tidbit on Halloween.

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 3, 2004
            The Jets and Steelers must face one another, and of course, each of them has a game against Baltimore's defense as well.  With Indy sitting at three losses, and the chaos in the AFC West, the Patriots have zero reason to despair, but every reason to take every game seriously.  It's important to recall that last year, at 11-2, 12-2, and 13-2, there was still a chance the Patriots would have had to play the extra week because of the "13-3 three way trap," by which Kansas City's win over Buffalo coupled with NE's loss to Buffalo would negate the value of our 38-34 win over Indianapolis.  The need to pay attention to detail and stick to one's knitting did not unnerve our team at all last year, and the leadership during the week of preparation for each game is largely the same.  By next year, we will be glad to have a young Vince Wilfork instead of the Ted Washington of 2005, but the Fork-Truck mix is not yet an art or a science.   With some of the teams coming up, notably Baltimore, there might be a value in using a 4-3 on first down along with Ted Johnson, and then going 3-4 on second down with Roman coming in.  I haven't worked out where this leaves Mr. Bruschi, but I pray it's not as our starting cornerback!