Re: [patriotzip] Re: This is one reason why . . .

  • Kathleen Lynch
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2004
      I am so enjoying your posts about your family connections- they are all great stories! Although I don' t have a strong connection to the Sox I  remember that my maternal grandfather worked for the painting company that painted the green monster and the seats every spring to get it ready for the season. My mom recently passed and I can't help but think that she and my Grandpa were up in Heaven partying away over the Sox win! Congrats to the Sox and now- who's ready for some football??

      Bob George <bobg@...> wrote:
      Incredibly heartfelt post, Bill.  My dad and I connected with the Patriots
      more than the Red Sox.  That is why when my dad died in 2000 I thought more
      of the Patriots than the Sox.  OTOH my mom is the one where I form the Sox
      connection.  She and my sister kept in close contact with me throughout the
      postseason and shared our thoughts.  Mom used to go to Fenway in the 1940s
      and saw a lot of Ted Williams.  Anyway, when the series ended and the
      impossible happened, she was the one I thought of more and I asked her "How
      the heck do you feel now, mom?"  Like me, she had a hard time putting it
      into words, but she was incredibly happy.

      OBTW Oct. 27 was my sister's birthday.  Happy birthday, sis!

      Bob G