I guess Bethel is...

  • frankdanabrewster
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 17, 2004
      ... out of the doghouse.

      What a catch! I guess he may be sticking around after all.

      fdb
    • chris dressler
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 17, 2004
        Maybe, but one catch doesn't change a man....

        Oh, by the way I was watching that game on TV...   Did I see a certain girl receive a TD ball from Patten?  If not... sure did look like someone that is on this board a lot.

        frankdanabrewster <frank.dana@...> wrote:

        ... out of the doghouse.

        What a catch! I guess he may be sticking around after all.

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Randy Z Pierce
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 18, 2004
          No, it doesn't....but it CAN change one.  Bethel loved the way is teamates treated him - he loved the roar of that crowd.  Sometimes a taste for something like that fuels the hunger he needs the rest of the weeks.  It can also have detrimental impact and in this instance I will be hopeful for the former.

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 18, 2004
            ***** You're right, Randy. It can work both ways. (Perfect subject for me!) ;-)

            ***** That great play, and the accolades that followed, could convince him that being a part of this team is the best thing that could happen to him. He could realize that there is no greater feeling in the world than that of being appreciated as one of the elements that makes the Patriots champions.

            ***** OTOH, he could go to the "I knew I was good, and the coach shouldn't get in my face that way" card. The great play could boost his ego, and make him more of an "I guy" than he was before he was benched.

            ***** As you said, we all hope for the former. I'm going to believe that to be the outcome unless he shows otherwise. The main reason for my confidence, in this case, is not BB. It's Bethel's teammates. My guess is that some of them reminded him of that first point after the game, or maybe even on the sideline. He can truly be one of them now. What more could he want?

            George