Re: [patriotzip] I guess Seely was not happy.

  • Randy Z Pierce
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
      I would say this may also be indicative of the need for an additional WR given ourinjury situation.  Matt Chatham should be ready to return in one week and he is a special teams monster whom we have been missing.  I also have not heard the name Larry Izzo as often as usual this year.

      What will we do with the roster spot....

      Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 7:35 AM
      Subject: [patriotzip] I guess Seely was not happy.

      From Patriots.com...

      FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Patriots released second-year
      safety Shawn Mayer today.

      Boy, you miss one measly tackle... ;)

    • frankdanabrewster
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
        Good point about Chatham. I guess he can come off the PUP next week.

        I read a suggestion that they may give a call to J.J. Stokes again, or
        former Dullfin James McKnight, if they have a WR shortage. I would
        think that if they can field four for this week, they may just sit
        tight, especially if Faulk is available. And, there is always Michael
        Jennings.

        fdb

        --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Z Pierce" <alaric02@s...> wrote:
        > I would say this may also be indicative of the need for an
        additional WR given ourinjury situation. Matt Chatham should be ready
        to return in one week and he is a special teams monster whom we have
        been missing. I also have not heard the name Larry Izzo as often as
        usual this year.

        > What will we do with the roster spot....
        >
        > Zip

        Service.
      • Bob George
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
          More than one measly tackle. He got torched late in the Super Bowl and
          nearly cost the Patriots a shutout against Buffalo. The only reason he made
          the team at all this year was because of the injury to Guss Scott.

          Bob G

          > FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Patriots released second-year
          > safety Shawn Mayer today.
          >
          > Boy, you miss one measly tackle... ;)
          >
          > fdb
          >

          > To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan Group, send an email
          to:

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • frankdanabrewster
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
            Just a little sarcasm, regarding his stumbling attempt at McGee on his
            98 yd KO return Sunday. I agree, he's never been near the top of the
            depth chart.

            fdb