I guess Seely was not happy.

  • frankdanabrewster
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
      From Patriots.com...

      FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Patriots released second-year
      safety Shawn Mayer today.

      Boy, you miss one measly tackle... ;)

      fdb
    • Randy Z Pierce
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
        I would say this may also be indicative of the need for an additional WR given ourinjury situation.  Matt Chatham should be ready to return in one week and he is a special teams monster whom we have been missing.  I also have not heard the name Larry Izzo as often as usual this year.

        What will we do with the roster spot....

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
          Good point about Chatham. I guess he can come off the PUP next week.

          I read a suggestion that they may give a call to J.J. Stokes again, or
          former Dullfin James McKnight, if they have a WR shortage. I would
          think that if they can field four for this week, they may just sit
          tight, especially if Faulk is available. And, there is always Michael
          Jennings.

          fdb

          --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Z Pierce" <alaric02@s...> wrote:
          > I would say this may also be indicative of the need for an
          additional WR given ourinjury situation. Matt Chatham should be ready
          to return in one week and he is a special teams monster whom we have
          been missing. I also have not heard the name Larry Izzo as often as
          usual this year.

          > What will we do with the roster spot....
          >
          > Zip

          Service.
        • Bob George
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
            More than one measly tackle. He got torched late in the Super Bowl and
            nearly cost the Patriots a shutout against Buffalo. The only reason he made
            the team at all this year was because of the injury to Guss Scott.

            Bob G

            > FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Patriots released second-year
            > safety Shawn Mayer today.
            >
            > Boy, you miss one measly tackle... ;)
            >
            > fdb
            >

            > To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan Group, send an email
            to:

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • frankdanabrewster
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
              Just a little sarcasm, regarding his stumbling attempt at McGee on his
              98 yd KO return Sunday. I agree, he's never been near the top of the
              depth chart.

              fdb