Re: Playing the Dolphins

  • Doug Penney
    Message 1 of 52 , Oct 5, 2004
      I have to say that if it does come down to a game 5 in the ALDS, I'll
      be watching the Sox rather than the Pats. I've only been a big
      football fan the last 5 years or so since I started playing fantasy
      football but I've been a baseball fan for 24 years at least. Still,
      I'll be trying to catch Pats' updates and I'm crossing my fingers
      that the Sox can get in done in four games, especially to keep
      Schilling in position to start the ALCS. I'm sure if the sports'
      seasons overlapped the other way, we'd be ignoring the Sox in favor
      of the Pats. This is one of those rare times that can be too much of
      a good thing [winning franchises] Still, I'll take it any day.

      Doug

      > Well first we are New England - not a city! ;-)
      >
      > The sad reality imo is that if baseball goes to a game 5, it will
      be played Sunday afternoon. Thus the World Champion New England
      Patriots will be challenging for an all time NFL record as well as
      sustaining their current unbeaten streak for this season. yet they
      will potentially be second fiddle in the local media and a fair
      number of fans. I'd love for the Sox to win and win and win all the
      way through to a World Series Victory - I just fear it will
      demonstrate how poorly the vast majority of 'Patriot fans" deserve
      this marvelous team we are experiencing.

      > You'll hear it at my Tailgate toast this week but the basic message
      is we better be prepared to demonstrate our fandom above and beyond
      all doubt in the Razor because this Patriot team deserves it.

      > A Pats fan first and foremost,
      > Zip

      Service.
    • llj7366@aol.com
      Message 52 of 52 , Oct 9, 2004
        YIKES! I know, I was starting to sweat it that I had jinxed us!
        BUT... I did not! Thank goodness!
        LISA