Playing the Dolphins

  • Randy Z Pierce
    Message 1 of 52 , Oct 5, 2004
      So I'll ruminate a bit more on my expected keys to victory while asking as I did last week for various thoughts on how we should best prepare/approach the Miami Dolpins visit to Foxboro.

      The 0-4 Dolphins have in fact been in most of their games with a defense which is surviving an amazing amount of turnovers to hold the game close.  This defense is still a high quality unit and can be a scoring defense if considerable offensive caution isn't in effect.

      The Dolphins offense is woeful.  A beleagured running back corps is highlighted by a poor offensive line.  Neither QB seems able to avoid considerable turnover and their targets are fairly limitted.

      Chambers and Mc Michaels can both be dangerous and our affinity for giving up yards between the 20s could give them the motivational impetus to be slightly more dangerous.

      No doubt we are a fare better team but we are dinged up a fair bit on offense with possible injuries to prevent Brown, Branch, Johnson and Patten from being ready to play the game...not to mention Watson already being gone.  If we are not balanced Zach Thomas will be mieeting Corey Dillon often and not to our benefit.

      So what thoughts have the list on this game?

      Oh yeah - there is a streak of some sort on the line but I doubt it's a factor for our players.

      Zip

    • llj7366@aol.com
      Message 52 of 52 , Oct 9, 2004
        YIKES! I know, I was starting to sweat it that I had jinxed us!
        BUT... I did not! Thank goodness!
        LISA