Re: [patriotzip] Re: Jed Weaver

  • Randy Z Pierce
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
      Philadelphia (drafted)
      Miami (3 years)
      San Francisco (1 year?)
      Denver - (1 Training camp)

      and now...the Pats....very curious.  Whom is his agent? ;-)

      Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 9:32 AM
      Subject: [patriotzip] Re: Jed Weaver

      I'm wondering why a TE like Weaver who posts decent enough numbers
      keeps bouncing around the way he has.  How many teams has he been
      with already in a career that is maybe 5 years?

      Doug

      > I remember Wever in a Pats-Dolphins game at Miami in 2001.  Rob
      Bosch might recall better as he had eyes and made the report to me
      but the gist is Weaver burned Tedy Bruschi for a touchdown showcasing
      fairly solid speed.  He seemed a reasonable talent but was off to the
      Niners for last season and despite good numbers was off to Denver for
      some money which in the final cuts fell through.

      > My one limitted recollection of him had spark and inspiration.
      anyone else have Weaver recollections?

      > Thinking we could use a better receiving threat than "Fall Down"
      Fauria whom I love as a tight end but his YAC may be the closest to
      my nickname in league history.

      > Zip

    • Doug Penney
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004

      • rob.bosch@rcn.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
          Yep Randy, I remember it well. Weaver burned Bruschi and
          caught a TD in the end zone. This guy is actually not a bad
          player, and seems to be a pretty darn solid pick up
          considering the time of the year he was acquired. He had
          almost 500 yards receiving for the 49'ers last year, which
          isn't too shabby. I'm really upset about the Watson injury,
          but at least the Pats picked up a serviceable replacement.

          As for Watson, it is really a shame he got hurt. And if it's
          an ACL, he won't be ready to play for about a year. Even
          then, it is usually two years before players start feeling
          themselves after the surgery. All in all not a good thing.
          He needed all the time he could get on the playing field,
          and he'll get anything but that in the upcoming months.

          -Rob (trying to forget my dreams of a potent two tight end
          offense).