Jed Weaver

  • Randy Z Pierce
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004

      I remember Wever in a Pats-Dolphins game at Miami in 2001.  Rob Bosch might recall better as he had eyes and made the report to me but the gist is Weaver burned Tedy Bruschi for a touchdown showcasing fairly solid speed.  He seemed a reasonable talent but was off to the Niners for last season and despite good numbers was off to Denver for some money which in the final cuts fell through.

      My one limitted recollection of him had spark and inspiration.  anyone else have Weaver recollections?

      Thinking we could use a better receiving threat than "Fall Down" Fauria whom I love as a tight end but his YAC may be the closest to my nickname in league history.

      Zip

    • Randy Z Pierce
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
        Philadelphia (drafted)
        Miami (3 years)
        San Francisco (1 year?)
        Denver - (1 Training camp)

        and now...the Pats....very curious.  Whom is his agent? ;-)

        Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 9:32 AM
        Subject: [patriotzip] Re: Jed Weaver

        I'm wondering why a TE like Weaver who posts decent enough numbers
        keeps bouncing around the way he has.  How many teams has he been
        with already in a career that is maybe 5 years?

        Doug

        > I remember Wever in a Pats-Dolphins game at Miami in 2001.  Rob
        Bosch might recall better as he had eyes and made the report to me
        but the gist is Weaver burned Tedy Bruschi for a touchdown showcasing
        fairly solid speed.  He seemed a reasonable talent but was off to the
        Niners for last season and despite good numbers was off to Denver for
        some money which in the final cuts fell through.

        > My one limitted recollection of him had spark and inspiration.
        anyone else have Weaver recollections?

        > Thinking we could use a better receiving threat than "Fall Down"
        Fauria whom I love as a tight end but his YAC may be the closest to
        my nickname in league history.

        > Zip

      • Doug Penney
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004

        • rob.bosch@rcn.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
            Yep Randy, I remember it well. Weaver burned Bruschi and
            caught a TD in the end zone. This guy is actually not a bad
            player, and seems to be a pretty darn solid pick up
            considering the time of the year he was acquired. He had
            almost 500 yards receiving for the 49'ers last year, which
            isn't too shabby. I'm really upset about the Watson injury,
            but at least the Pats picked up a serviceable replacement.

            As for Watson, it is really a shame he got hurt. And if it's
            an ACL, he won't be ready to play for about a year. Even
            then, it is usually two years before players start feeling
            themselves after the surgery. All in all not a good thing.
            He needed all the time he could get on the playing field,
            and he'll get anything but that in the upcoming months.

            -Rob (trying to forget my dreams of a potent two tight end
            offense).