Cloud released... Miller resigned.

  • frankdanabrewster
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2004
      From Patriots.com:

      *******************************

      Patriots Notebook: Cloud among cuts, Miller re-signed
      3 Sep 04 / by Frank Tadych, Patriots.com

      Foxborough, Mass. – It turns out that Patriots head coach Bill
      Belichick didn't need to wait until Sunday's official deadline to
      begin reducing the roster to the league-mandated 53-player limit. The
      Patriots today announced the release of quarterback Kliff Kingsbury,
      defensive lineman Dwight Howard, cornerback Earthwind Moreland,
      offensive lineman Jamil Soriano, linebackers Lawrence Flugence and
      Grant Steen, tight end Joel Jacobs, defensive back Scott Farley and
      running back Mike Cloud.

      The team also announced it has re-signed quarterback Jim Miller and
      signed free agent running back Kory Chapman, who was released by the
      Baltimore Ravens.

      **********************************

      Must be an attitude thing with Cloud. Does he just not fit in?
      Does anyone know anything about Chapman? Why would they sign someone
      now, instead of waiting for the Sunday deadline?
    • Bob George
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2004
        Must be an attitude thing with Cloud. Does he just not fit in?
        Does anyone know anything about Chapman? Why would they sign someone
        now, instead of waiting for the Sunday deadline?

        Don't understand this. Cloud looked like he played his way onto the roster.

        Bob G
      • Rob Brooks
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2004
          Didn't we say the same thing about Pass last year at this time? And
          then he ended up back with the team before too long.

          - Rob

          Must be an attitude thing with Cloud. Does he just not fit in?
          Does anyone know anything about Chapman? Why would they sign someone
          now, instead of waiting for the Sunday deadline?

          Don't understand this. Cloud looked like he played his way onto the roster.

          Bob G

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Mark/JW
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 3, 2004
            They can't wait until Sunday to find out if he can
            play.

            Indy has it worse, they are playing away tonight then
            the short week and a trip to NE

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail