Re: Mrs. B's 8/5 Report

  • frankdanabrewster
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 6, 2004
      Have to agree with you about Terry. He overcame a lot in his life, and
      had the talent to be a real star. I remember Parcells likening him to
      Paul Warfield. But, his attitude issues got in the way. Perhaps his
      childhood scars were just too deep to overcome completely.

      Or... maybe he's just a jerk! ;)

      fdb

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Z Pierce" <alaric02@s...> wrote:
      > I wish I could remember this one but it may have come after my sight
      was completely gone. There is a fuzzy recollection of it from perhaps
      his rookie year when he really did seem to be most in focus. Sad
      case Terry - you want to have pulled for him given his past but he
      just doesn't show any signs of rising above his challenge. He lost my
      sympathy his last season here.

      > My best Pats catch ever was in 1994-ish when we played at Miami and
      Drew had the air battle with Marino. A soccer player of all people
      made the most remarkable grab. Ray Crittenden on a full sprint fly
      route made a full dive and fingertip caught the back quarter of the
      football as he landed in the back right corner of the end zone. It
      was simply amazing. I was at that rather warm game when Ben Coates
      fumbled away the game winning drive - him I can forgive! ;-)