Re: NPC: Nomar traded

  • Michael J.King Sr.
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 6:32 AM
      At 03:29 PM 7/31/2004, Bob George wrote:
      >I'm a sentimentalist when it comes to the Sox, and I was pulling for Nomar to
      >finish his career here

      As did most of RSN. I go to ST each year and Nomah was a BIG part in my
      enjoyment of the annual trek. I also understand that Theo would have been
      roasted on a spit if he let Nomah go without getting something to replace
      him. Plus playing for another organization may change his thinking of how
      badly he was treated. Bruce Hurst, Jody Reed , Mo and others were shocked
      into reality by seeing other organizations modus operandi. Maybe having a
      comparison will allow him as a free agent to want to come back to RSN. RSN
      treats him like a God and while he will be popular wherever he plays IMO
      playing in Chicago will be less of an ego flatterer which means lots to pro
      athletes. Either way I will miss him big time and wish him nothing but the
      best in any and all endeavors wherever they take him. Just my thoughts and
      YMMV. Later.Mike
    • Bill Beaulac
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1 6:40 AM
        From: "Christopher Robert Woods" <chris@...>

        > So does this help get the Sox off the sports radar quicker or is this a
        > good trade for them?

        One positive side for the Sox is that their average time
        to complete a game should drop without Nomar's plate
        antics.

        -bill [ PATS 12 ]