Linebackers

  • frankdanabrewster
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2004
      Well, it's June 1st. Some veterans are about to be released. A couple
      of probables intrigue me. If Colvin is OK, and Tully Banta-Cain and
      Dan Klecko break through at linebacker, we'll be in good shape in the
      3-4. But if we could use some help with our aging linebacker group,
      how do Jason Gildon or Jeremiah Trotter sound? Both may be available.
      Gildon's a little older (31), but certainly effective.

      Just a thought,
      fdb
    • rockmaul74@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2004
        our aging linebacker group? mike vrabel was run out of pittsburgh in favor of gildon, how'd that work out?  bruschi is still in his prime, mcginnest just had his best season  and phifer was third on the team in tackles. as far as im concenred, linebacker is not a problem.  add colvin, tedd johnson and banta cain and why do you need to throw money away on someone like gildon?
      • frankdanabrewster
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2004
          You are correct. We're pretty solid. Why bring in guys who are as old
          or older than the crew we have now? And the main reason these veterans
          are being cut is because they want too much money to begin with.

          Thanks,
          fdb