Re: [patriotzip] Bush Honors Patriots

  • PatsWickedPissah@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 11, 2004
      In a message dated 5/11/04 1:03:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time, alaric02@... writes:

      Two years ago I was there with them at this gala courtesy of current Senator Sununu from NH who was at that time Representative Sununu.  Most of the players have their families present and it's a fairly interesting spectacle as regardless of political alignments, most people were in a little awe to be present at the White House for the event.  Ostend was entirely non-plussed however and quickly scouted out Tom Brady's Aunt Mary  cleverly detecting her secret identity.   She introduced him to the full family eventually and all marveled at the Golden Child.

      ***  Thankfully an embarrassing incident was avoided without the White House cat present.

      Two years ago on the lawn of the White House having just left the Rose Garden presentation to the World Champion New England Patriots, I had also completed my tour with a few players and was thinking how astounding it was to be a fan of not only World Champions but to know and believe the organization was generally representative of quality people and a respectable approach which centers around team concepts and utilization of talent as more important than top dollar talent.  We spend our share of money certainly and the fans carry a considerable burden on this front yet the truth is the Patriots are the Class of the league and we are fortunate fans.

      ***  Yes, we certainly are.  I can remember almost 40 years of frustration before the Kraft era.

      -p