Re: [patriotzip] Mailing address problems??

  • rob.bosch@rcn.com
    Message 1 of 7 , May 7, 2004
      My guess is that somebody on this list sends e-mail to
      feedback@... whenever they send an e-mail to
      patriotzip@yahoogroups.com. In other words, it's part of an
      e-mail distribution group for somebody on this list. Since
      the feedback@... e-mail address is no longer vaild,
      it sends a response back to patriotzip@yahoogroups.com
      saying the address is no longer valid. Unfortunately, we all
      get that response.

      I know...that's a very confusing explanation. I'm not even
      sure that's the cause of the problem, but it's my best
      guess. It would be somebody that posts messages quite often.
      If you post to this message board frequently, please look
      through your address book and see if you have an entry for
      feedback@.... If you do, please delete it.
      Hopefully, I'm right and this very annoying problem will go
      away.

      -Rob
    • Nicole Denae Stolpa
      Message 2 of 7 , May 7, 2004
        feedback@... is a member of the list. The address must no longer
        be valid, and instead of bouncing the message (and having Yahoo
        automatically suspend the address), it sends the email out to the list
        (making Yahoo think the address is still active). The address needs to be
        manually removed by a moderator.

        nicole

        At 10:25 PM 5/7/2004 -0400, you wrote:
        >My guess is that somebody on this list sends e-mail to
        >feedback@... whenever they send an e-mail to
        >patriotzip@yahoogroups.com. In other words, it's part of an
        >e-mail distribution group for somebody on this list. Since
        >the feedback@... e-mail address is no longer vaild,
        >it sends a response back to patriotzip@yahoogroups.com
        >saying the address is no longer valid. Unfortunately, we all
        >get that response.
        >
        >I know...that's a very confusing explanation. I'm not even
        >sure that's the cause of the problem, but it's my best
        >guess. It would be somebody that posts messages quite often.
        >If you post to this message board frequently, please look
        >through your address book and see if you have an entry for
        >feedback@.... If you do, please delete it.
        >Hopefully, I'm right and this very annoying problem will go
        >away.
        >
        >-Rob
        >

        >To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan Group, send an email to:
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Randy Z Pierce
        Message 3 of 7 , May 8, 2004
          The problem should be solved now.

          One of the list members deleted use of their email and set a forward message which the list software wasn't astute enough to correct.  The user was removed and you should no longer experience this problem.

          Sent: Friday, May 07, 2004 7:54 PM
          Subject: Re: [patriotzip] Mailing address problems??

          I'd really like an answer to that question.  As an
          ex-serviceman who is currently living in the south I
          joined this forum to stay in touch with my beloved
          Pats.  Having to delete 20 emails a day to read one is
          getting pretty frustrating

          --- Steve Basile <avatar@...> wrote:
          > Why do I get 5 or 10 of these error messages every
          > time someone posts to the
          > list?
          >

          > --
          > Steve Basile
          > Manager
          > B.D. Riley's Irish Pub
          > "Think Global, Drink Local"
          > Web: www.bdrileys.com

          > active.  Please visit
          > send us a message.  --

          > Fan Group, send an email to:

        • Buh Buh KEn
          Message 4 of 7 , May 8, 2004
            If you just block feedback@... you shouldn't get those messages
            anymore, should work until it gets worked out and changes go through.

            Buh Buh KEn

            Message 5 of 7 , May 11, 2004
              Thanks Zip